• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Maybe as a heckler. Mine was actually doing internet searches to find me. That is the only way he could have done it. I didn't even mention some of the places I went to my friends on the forum.

If you really want to attract the weirdos try walking around with a 600mm lens. I've been threatened several times, had the cops called on me once but the absolute worst are the photography experts who follow you about telling you what you're doing wrong.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
If you really want to attract the weirdos try walking around with a 600mm lens. I've been threatened several times, had the cops called on me once but the absolute worst are the photography experts who follow you about telling you what you're doing wrong.
Lens envy?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I am a novice at the photography, but I know several guys in a local natural history group that could probably relate to some of what you are describing. I have been out with them on a few excursions that were untroubled, but they get out far more than I do. Plus, I am more interested in macro photography these days. Don't have to carry such a large lens.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think you need more bird pictures.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I am a novice at the photography, but I know several guys in a local natural history group that could probably relate to some of what you are describing. I have been out with them on a few excursions that were untroubled, but they get out far more than I do. Plus, I am more interested in macro photography these days. Don't have to carry such a large lens.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I just grunt in a non committal way hoping they'll go but I've often wanted to say "no, I'm carrying 2kg of lens around for exercise you moron".
You could always tell them that you just like to look through it backwards and make things that are close to you look really far away.

No. I'm not taking pictures. I'm putting them back.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I get a lot of interest when I am out collecting insects. Mostly, it is pretty positive. I did get stopped for speeding one night and the officer shined his light into my car at what I am sure he thought was drug paraphernalia. His response was, "Are those bugs in there?" I laughed and explained what I was doing. He let me go with a warning.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is this a Hinduism belief?

The yuga (ages) certainly is. By some calculations, we are at the very end of a great dark (kali/iron) age at the very end of Brahma's 50'th year (an incomprehensibly long time - more than the age of the universe). The age following is a golden (sat) yuga.

I can't find a source online as to the role of women in this golden age, but it's clear that one of the most dramatic social/economic changes in my life has been in the role of women.When I was in college, there was one woman in my chemistry program, for example. Now my doctor is female, my dentist is female, our dog's vet is female and so forth. The changes keep coming in spite of those who try to hold women back.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
The yuga (ages) certainly is. By some calculations, we are at the very end of a great dark (kali/iron) age at the very end of Brahma's 50'th year (an incomprehensibly long time - more than the age of the universe). The age following is a golden (sat) yuga.

I can't find a source online as to the role of women in this golden age, but it's clear that one of the most dramatic social/economic changes in my life has been in the role of women.When I was in college, there was one woman in my chemistry program, for example. Now my doctor is female, my dentist is female, our dog's vet is female and so forth. The changes keep coming in spite of those who try to hold women back.

Well, hopefully it is a time without any sex or gender at a fundamental social and economic advantage over any other; that’d be best. Alas, as a skeptic of Hinduism, it’s my belief that we’ll have to get there ourselves.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I get very annoyed posting on my phone because when I go to tap something, something will load and shift everything around and it’ll cause me to tap on something I didn’t want as my finger’s still approaching the screen.