• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe as a heckler. Mine was actually doing internet searches to find me. That is the only way he could have done it. I didn't even mention some of the places I went to my friends on the forum.
28953eb0da0e6dcbaa270a491c2881d2.gif

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I get very annoyed posting on my phone because when I go to tap something, something will load and shift everything around and it’ll cause me to tap on something I didn’t want as my finger’s still approaching the screen.
That problem thwarts me on more than just a phone. But it depends on what system I am using. Touch screens are advantageous, but they do have their drawbacks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I get very annoyed posting on my phone because when I go to tap something, something will load and shift everything around and it’ll cause me to tap on something I didn’t want as my finger’s still approaching the screen.
It happens on my PC too.

An new annoyance...
I click on a link in The Drudge Report, & it sends me to an ad instead.
Must close that new window, & click on the link a 2nd time.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Anybody ever had an internet stalker? Some sad, sick, tormented loser that follows you around from one forum to another?
I had one mistake me for someone else. This person showed up accusing me of being a master mason and someone he was stalking to somehow do battle with. I dont quite remember now but it was plenty weird and in a way felt good like I was suddenly important. I denied it though and also explained why I didn't think masons were a big deal.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I did follow crossfire here from another forum, but it doesn't count as stalking. I thought the forum was ending and asked xfire if they knew of another forum.

Once in a while I do tussle crossfire's hair, give her noogies.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When you disappear from a forum they fret and begin to look at several others until they find you again. There are one are few who change their screen name to avoid stalkers but peeps like @Dan From Smithville and i retain out identity making it easier for the stalkers.
You like being stalked? I can understand that feeling long as its not dangerous stalking...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I had one mistake me for someone else. This person showed up accusing me of being a master mason and someone he was stalking to somehow do battle with. I dont quite remember now but it was plenty weird and in a way felt good like I was suddenly important. I denied it though and also explained why I didn't think masons were a big deal.
I had a similar, but different experience. The person accused me and several other posters of being socks of one person. Pointing out the fact that such a thing would mean that one person was posting practically 24 hours a day from widely separated locations didn't seem to make sense to the stalker. Reasoning doesn't seem to be a strength for that type. At least not reasoning based on evidence and logic.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh right, so I guess that keeps folk from pretending they are you.

I've had it happen... But that's a minor thing. Only I am I

Just an idea, i think staff here must have sorted out a couple of stalkers who post inappropriate posts.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I had a similar, but different experience. The person accused me and several other posters of being socks of one person. Pointing out the fact that such a thing would mean that one person was posting practically 24 hours a day from widely separated locations didn't seem to make sense to the stalker. Reasoning doesn't seem to be a strength for that type. At least not reasoning based on evidence and logic.

I remember that incident. I though it rather funny how you could post 24 hours a day from all over the world

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
How would they know what other forums you post in?
Some key criteria in determining if it is a persistent stalker are in their approach to you.

1. A new poster you have never engaged, engages you as if they know you.
2. They repeatedly try to get your attention.
3. They make comments that make no sense in the context or allude to events, conditions or encounters that didn't happen in the particular forum.
4. They are belligerent towards you for no obvious reason.

Taken together, they are pretty good indicators.