• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

The most ominous part is the last bit of the article. “1905 was just a dress rehearsal.” I’m wary that Trump was just the beginning of the insanity; and also the most visibly unstable. His protégés that will walk in his footsteps will have more semblances of sanity while simultaneously being equally unhinged. And it is likely they will have power in 2022 and 2024. The future is not bright.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
E9mzFd8UcAEJWd9.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The most ominous part is the last bit of the article. “1905 was just a dress rehearsal.” I’m wary that Trump was just the beginning of the insanity; and also the most visibly unstable. His protégés that will walk in his footsteps will have more semblances of sanity while simultaneously being equally unhinged. And it is likely they will have power in 2022 and 2024. The future is not bright.
I'm more optimistic about his power fading.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

His, yes: but not what he represented. Unhinged conspiracy theories, separation from reality, “America first,” the nuttiest parts of Trumpism are here to stay because he was a symptom, not the root of the problem; but he definitely exacerbated and enabled the problem

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
His, yes: but not what he represented. Unhinged conspiracy theories, separation from reality, “America first,” the nuttiest parts of Trumpism are here to stay because he was a symptom, not the root of the problem; but he definitely exacerbated and enabled the problem
Insanity ebbs & flows.
The 60s were bonkers...crazy anti-hippy.
And Obamites were pretty cultish in a time
when he actually expanded the Afghan war,
& ramped up persecution of whistle blowers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hope for ebb too; but I suspect you'll be disappointed. I hope you're right though. But I am telling you, I will not be surprised if the very far right wing assumes control over the next 4 years.
Biden still has over 3 years to go.
And after that...who knows.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Bleh - my dinner was yogurt, almond milk soaked oat bran, yogurt and a bit of ice cream due to my pulled tooth instructions. Bleh.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
He has Elders already claiming (for awhile now) the recall election here is problematic and he set up a site to report "suspicious activity." There's also been issues with poll watchers being too aggressive, invasive, and trigger happy about rejecting signatures.
Even if his long overdue heart attack kills him tonight, Trumpism will live on. And Trump set up a playbook for someone who actually has the initiative, desires, and brains to take over.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A bit over an hour before polls close.
I am tired of campaigns, I am tired of elections, I am tired of politics.
Not just here, but the entire nation. Next year on, it should be a finable offense to start discussing the next election on the same night of the current election, and time limits imposed so we don't have this anymore.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A bit over an hour before polls close.
I am tired of campaigns, I am tired of elections, I am tired of politics.
Not just here, but the entire nation. Next year on, it should be a finable offense to start discussing the next election on the same night of the current election, and time limits imposed so we don't have this anymore.

Good luck with that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I saw that earlier today and heard them talking about it on the radio this morning. Some conservative group has filed an ethics complaint against her, since the gala event at the Met cost $30,000 per ticket. They're wondering if she paid for it or whether it was a gift.

Meanwhile, the radio guys were really playing up the fact that all the servants at the gala had to wear masks, but none of the elite attendees were in masks. They mentioned Obama's birthday party, too. They said, "It's okay for them to go around without masks, yet they demand everyone else wear masks."