• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Why are people so scared of getting the vaccine?
Or do they buy the Fox/OAN arguments that Covid 19
is a hoax?
There's good reason to require vaccines, & it's already
been law for many professions to vaccinated against
various diseases. This protects not only the health of
the worker (whose illnesses have costs borne by their
employer), but also of those in close contact.
Ref...
COVID-19: The Unvaccinated Pose a Risk to the Vaccinated - FactCheck.org

Excerpted with underlining added...
In a Sept. 17 update on COVID-19 epidemiology and vaccines, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention included an analysis of several studies conducted in the U.S. and other countries on vaccine effectiveness against the delta variant. The update said that since the introduction of delta, vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization ranged from 75% to 95% and effectiveness against infection ranged from 39% to 84% — depending on the region. That compared with a pre-delta range of 84% to 97% effectiveness against hospitalization and a range of 72% to 97% effectiveness against infection.

If front line workers either don't know or don't care about
risks they could pose to the populace, should they really
have that job? After all, there are fast food orders in need
of supersizing.

Oh for crying out loud why oh why do we start throwing in Fox news to discredit folks who you do not agree with who may have legitimate reasons. Apparently emotion like anger and fear win the day.....discussion is not possible... we just start labeling folks right off the bat. Fear does that to folks

As for the vaccine, it does not guarantee you will not get Covid. I know, i got the vaccinate and then got Covid...from my wife...a healthcare worker, who had just got vaccinated a couple days before..... dang...I should have kicked her out until she got vaccinated and I'd have been safe., instead of spending my days and night cowering in the corner in fear of Covid :fearscream:. Oh wait...flu season is coming and many don't get the flu vaccine...now what do we do:screamcat:

And as I said in the previous response to another posters fear and anger post. There are those folks who, per doctor's orders, based on health conditions, should not get the vaccine....so I imagine you too are for them getting vaccinated...who cares if they die...you'll be safe right

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
Oh for crying out loud why oh why do we start throwing in Fox news
Because some Fox anchors have been anti-reasona and science when it comes to covid. The same goes for OAN and Newsmax, except they're worse. Fox at least has some who have urged taking this seriously (Hannity even said wear a mask for grandma).
so I imagine you too are for them getting vaccinated...who cares if they die...you'll be safe right
o_O

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh for crying out loud why oh why do we start throwing in Fox news to discredit folks who you do not agree with who may have legitimate reasons.
Legitimate reasons for opposing
vaxing have been in short supply.
As for the vaccine, it does not guarantee you will not get Covid.
Vaccines aren't about guaranteeing 100% immunity.
It's about being useful. 90+% efficacy is exactly that.
Oh wait...flu season is coming and many don't get the flu vaccine...now what do we do:screamcat:
I got my flu (& shingles & pneumonia) over a month ago.
Hurry up, Yogi!
And as I said in the previous response to another posters fear and anger post. There are those folks who, per doctor's orders, based on health conditions, should not get the vaccine....so I imagine you too are for them getting vaccinated...who cares if they die...you'll be safe right
Folks who shouldn't get vaxed are rare birds.
The reasons I commonly hear are....
- Nanoparticle threat
- Rewriting DNA
- Government conspiracy
- Big Pharma hoax...the evil of profit
- Fear of needles
- Side effects
- Preservative danger

Those reasons are bogus.

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
Folks who shouldn't get vaxed are rare birds.
The reasons I commonly hear are....
- Nanoparticle threat
- Rewriting DNA
- Government conspiracy
- Big Pharma hoax...the evil of profit
- Fear of needles
- Side effects
- Preservative danger

Those reasons are bogus.
There's my mom's excuse. "I don't want any if that junk in me." She doesn't get vaccinated and believes she's fine without.
Which is probably the most destructive excuse ever as it ignores a very real threat and danger, and in my mom's case assumes a good outcome despite being 67 years old.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
Whenever I'm feeling tired of being stuffed in my car to cart strangers around, I remind myself compared to most other things I can get I'd be taking a pay cut to have a boss, to have a schedule, to take a paycut, to have a dress code and possibly uniform, have production standards, not be able to break and stop for the day when I want or need to, and it would involve a huge loss of autonomy. And also likely less appreciation.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Whenever I'm feeling tired of being stuffed in my car to cart strangers around, I remind myself compared to most other things I can get I'd be taking a pay cut to have a boss, to have a schedule, to take a paycut, to have a dress code and possibly uniform, have production standards, not be able to break and stop for the day when I want or need to, and it would involve a huge loss of autonomy. And also likely less appreciation.
@Shadow Wolf Smart!