• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They really should have to actually demonstrate their claim rather simply claim it.
Another approach is that some religious beliefs mean
that one simply cannot do the job. A licensed real estate
broker might belong to a religion that prohibits mixing
of races, but one cannot legally discriminate on that
basis. Either comply with the state's directive to sell
or lease to mixed race couples, or resign. Cops &
soldiers who cannot obey reasonable orders aren't
suited for the work.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
Another approach is that some religious beliefs mean
that one simply cannot do the job. A licensed real estate
broker might belong to a religion that prohibits mixing
of races, but one cannot legally discriminate on that
basis. Either comply with the state's directive to sell
or lease to mixed race couples, or resign. Cops &
soldiers who cannot obey reasonable orders aren't
suited for the work.
To me they don't just don't have to show where something may be prohibited but also demonstrate an obligation to treat those who engage in such behaviors in such a way, not participate in vaccines, or whatever. And it has to be argued against any possible counterpoints, both from the perspective of that religion and secular law.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To me they don't just don't have to show where something may be prohibited but also demonstrate an obligation to treat those who engage in such behaviors in such a way, not participate in vaccines, or whatever. And it has to be argued against any possible counterpoints, both from the perspective of that religion and secular law.
In some matters, religious belief is irrelevant.
Comply or quit.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Comply or quit.
Yes. The US is a secular nation. Reasonable accommodation to religious beliefs should be done. Otherwise we'll have Muslim cab drivers refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol or where the woman is dressed in a non-Islamic matter, Jews refusing to work during the Sabbath no matter what the job, Christians refusing provide birth control to unmarried women who want to sin and so forth.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
It needs to be that way in more circumstances.
Yes. The US is a secular nation. Reasonable accommodation to religious beliefs should be done. Otherwise we'll have Muslim cab drivers refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol or where the woman is dressed in a non-Islamic matter, Jews refusing to work during the Sabbath no matter what the job, Christians refusing provide birth control to unmarried women who want to sin and so forth.
We already have some of those things.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It seems i have high blood sugar and am in danger of developing type 2 diabetes if I don't reduce my sugar intake.

Thats a problem because i rarely have sugar except in pastries that i have one per week, in bread that i have most meal times usually home made with reduced sugar compared to the recipes and desserts that i eat once per day. So cut down on bread and sweet desderts seems to be the answer.

And if i didn't see the doctor every 3 months for a checkup i would still be enjoying dessert.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So you hid the news part of the post to do what? Well

6355556c-291a-4858-94f0-f6dcb8850647_text.gif

Ooo still trying to start an argument with me....still trying t trigger an issue with those words...hide...no....just saw it and posted.......man you hold a grudge a long time...... but you're looking for an argument.....Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.

Wu Wei

So you cherry pick news stories to support your position...I don't play that...I tend to avoid politics and not post things with a political bent..... and so you know, that was not the story...but nice try..... it was about the religious exemption that is being denied for healthcare workers, police and fire...it was on TV, catholic news if you must know, which is why I posted no link..... it is currently in the courts...again... the mandate came from our new Governor's office....

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
FBI floats a working theory on the 'jet pack man' flying above L.A.

Well, it's a good thing that they're getting closer to solving this case. I, for one, have been losing sleep while racking my brain and wondering who the jet pack guy was.

Has the FBI solved the mysterious case of the “jet pack man”?

Multiple sightings of what some said looked like a man flying in a jet pack in the skies of Los Angeles prompted a federal investigation.

This week authorities offered some details about the probe.

“The FBI has worked closely with the FAA to investigate reported jet pack sightings in the Los Angeles area, none of which have been verified,” read an FBI statement. “One working theory is that pilots might have seen balloons.”

Laura Eimiller, a spokeswoman for the FBI, said that so far agents had not been able to confirm exactly what pilots claimed to have seen.

The first sighting occurred Aug. 30, when an American Airlines pilot radioed in with an unbelievable report. “Tower, American 1997. We just passed a guy in a jet pack,” the pilot said. Minutes later came another report, this time from a pilot approaching LAX in a Jet Blue airliner: “We just saw the guy pass us by in the jet pack.”

Then in October, a China Airlines pilot approaching LAX reported seeing a jet pack flying at an altitude of 6,000 feet.

In December 2020, video popular on social media showed what appeared to be a person with a jet pack flying off the coast of the Palos Verdes Peninsula at around 3,000 feet.

There are few jet packs in the world, and experts have said they doubt that the sightings are really a man flying around the L.A. Basin. For one thing, the altitude reported by pilots would be difficult to maintain with the fuel capacity of a jet pack.

Witnesses interviewed by The Times claimed to have seen a human-shaped object that changed direction rapidly rather than just floating.

Some experts speculate that “jet pack man” is actually a dummy or balloon attached to a drone to resemble a person with a jet pack. Some European drone enthusiasts have developed such a model.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So you cherry pick news stories to support your position...I don't play that...I tend to avoid politics and not post things with a political bent..... and so you know, that was not the story...but nice try..... it was about the religious exemption that is being denied for healthcare workers, police and fire...it was on TV, catholic news if you must know, which is why I posted no link..... it is currently in the courts...again... the mandate came from our new Governor's office....
Good. I'm glad of the mandate. I don't want an unvaxxed health-care worker in the same medical building as I am. If they don't put the welfare of their patients first, let them find another job where they don't endanger others.

And given the extreme Pope-defying "catholic" "leaders" in the US, I'm not surprised especially given Pope Francis calling out one outlet for their reports.

Wu Wei

Good. I'm glad of the mandate. I don't want an unvaxxed health-care worker in the same medical building as I am. If they don't put the welfare of their patients first, let them find another job where they don't endanger others.

And given the extreme Pope-defying "catholic" "leaders" in the US, I'm not surprised especially given Pope Francis calling out one outlet for their reports.

So healthcare workers and civil servants that risked their lives, stayed away from their families to protect them, dealt directly with Covid positive folks in close proximity, caught Covid, got really sick and in some cases died to protect folks like you. And folks, and probably you, looked on as heros in the beginning and were so grateful..... now it is screw them, I don't need them anymore, get a shot of lose your job loser.....is that it...... they were brave and put their lives on the line so other scared folks can kick them to the curb later..... nice...shows a lot of gratitude.....well.... there is and will be a healthcare shortage,.... hopefully no one needs much for a while... I'm so tired of scared people

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So healthcare workers and civil servants that risked their lives, stayed away from their families to protect them, dealt directly with Covid positive folks in close proximity, caught Covid, got really sick and in some cases died to protect folks like you. And folks, and probably you, looked on as heros in the beginning and were so grateful..... now it is screw them, I don't need them anymore, get a shot of lose your job loser.....is that it...... they were brave and put their lives on the line so other scared folks can kick them to the curb later..... nice...shows a lot of gratitude.....well.... there is and will be a healthcare shortage,.... hopefully no one needs much for a while... I'm so tired of scared people
Why are people so scared of getting the vaccine?
Or do they buy the Fox/OAN arguments that Covid 19
is a hoax?
There's good reason to require vaccines, & it's already
been law for many professions to vaccinated against
various diseases. This protects not only the health of
the worker (whose illnesses have costs borne by their
employer), but also of those in close contact.
Ref...
COVID-19: The Unvaccinated Pose a Risk to the Vaccinated - FactCheck.org

Excerpted with underlining added...
In a Sept. 17 update on COVID-19 epidemiology and vaccines, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention included an analysis of several studies conducted in the U.S. and other countries on vaccine effectiveness against the delta variant. The update said that since the introduction of delta, vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization ranged from 75% to 95% and effectiveness against infection ranged from 39% to 84% — depending on the region. That compared with a pre-delta range of 84% to 97% effectiveness against hospitalization and a range of 72% to 97% effectiveness against infection.

If front line workers either don't know or don't care about
risks they could pose to the populace, should they really
have that job? After all, there are fast food orders in need
of supersizing.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How can you guys argue about politics when Jet Pack Man is still out there terrorizing the skies?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I have friends who are immune compromised and if I get COVID and give it to them they'll most likely die.

If medical people won't follow medical knowledge at this stage of the pandemic, they should be in another line of work.

As far as being afraid of getting COVID, you're damn right I am. I don't want to die yet and I will take every medical precaution to avoid premature death.

Maybe some people don't care about dying prematurely or causing others to die but I do.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Just tried out some noise cancelling wireless headphones for the first time. OMG it's like the music is inside your head. And the noise cancelling is incredible.

Wu Wei

I have friends who are immune compromised and if I get COVID and give it to them they'll most likely die.

If medical people won't follow medical knowledge at this stage of the pandemic, they should be in another line of work.

As far as being afraid of getting COVID, you're damn right I am. I don't want to die yet and I will take every medical precaution to avoid premature death.

Maybe some people don't care about dying prematurely or causing others to die but I do.

OOOO through in death...alway a good way to derail and put people on the defensive

You at least respond to part of what I said .... but I am vaccinated, I am not against the vaccine, and I know folks that are immunocompromised. I also know folks that have medical conditions (heart) that per doctor's orders (cardiologist) should not get the vaccine. So what do you do about them..... put them on an island and forget about them so your safe. I mean, getting the vaccine is dangerous for them.... but hey ...who cares...get the jab and die or we will kick you out too..hey at least the other folks...who have already been vaccinated...will be safe....is that about right

Here is another thing, if you have the vaccine and if it works, what are you afraid of, chances are if you get Covid, it will not be that bad...oh and yes, that vaccine does not guarantee you will not get covid, sorry if I burst a bubble there. It is supposed to make what you get less of an issue.... and I got the vaccine and I got covid. But for me it was just a bad head cold, because I was vaccinated. And per my MD that is what all hs patients that got vaccinated and got covid are saying. There is also an Israeli study that is claiming if you had Covid, you have the antibodies, you should be good to go. And if you have the vaccine and got Covid, yout immune system is likely pretty darn strong and they are not even sure if a that point a booster would be necessary. However due to my job it is likely I will be required to get a booster, and I will. But here is the thing about state workers, it sounds as if we will be given an option, get vaccinated or be subject to weekly Covid testing. And if you get a positive result, you go home and have to charge sick time. Not like during the pandemics height, if you had Covid you went home and they'd cover you. Why not offer health workers, police and fire the same option. Or just kick them all out, and in a state like California with all the fires you have...who the heck needs firefighters anyway

I just find it interesting that folks that were once considered heros can now be thrown out in the street. Thanks for saving us, now here is a nice kick in the pants to help you out the door.