• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
I'm glad California has spoiled me enough to say I can't wait to get back to a proper city and out of this hick town. I'm so spoiled that when I moved to California I thought this town was awesome. Three years later and it's total ugh.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm glad California has spoiled me enough to say I can't wait to get back to a proper city and out of this hick town. I'm so spoiled that when I moved to California I thought this town was awesome. Three years later and it's total ugh.
You seem an LA type of gal.
Venice Beach calls to thee.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You seem an LA type of gal.
Venice Beach calls to thee.

That's where Mussel Beach is located.

travel-tourism-beach-beach_holiday-beach_vacation-sand-nerd-gfon301_low.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Watch: Wildlife officers free entangled buck from badminton net - UPI.com

Nov. 4 (UPI) -- Wildlife officers in Colorado rescued a deer found with its antlers entangled in a resident's badminton net.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife said officers were dispatched to an address in Evergreen, where two bucks were found with their antlers caught in the net.

One of the bucks was able to free itself before officers arrived, but the other needed help from the officers, who cut through the net to free the deer.

Wildlife officials said the incident should serve as a reminder to keep sports nets and other potential hazards put away when not in use.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Vendetta “a prolonged and bitter feud” is a borrowing from Italian, derived from Latin vindicta “vengeance,” from vindex “defender,” which is also the source of avenger, revenge, vengeance, and vindicate. Vindex is likely a compound of vīs “energy, force” and the agentive suffix -dex, roughly meaning “shower, proclaimer.” Vīs is the source of vim (as in the phrase vim and vigor), violate, and violent—all of which literally pertain to a demonstration of strength or force—while the suffix -dex is related to the verbs dicāre “to proclaim, assign” (compare abdication, dedicate, and predicament) and dīcere “to say, tell” (compare dictionary, valedictorian, and verdict). Vendetta was first recorded in English in the early 1850s.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Your post left out some very important info (underlining added)....

"Delta's request was sent out in an internal message to salaried and management employees, who the airline has stated are eligible volunteers, according to Bloomberg."
Ref...
Delta seeking volunteers to help out in loyalty lounges amid staffing shortage

As a salaried employee when I worked extra it was not for love of the company or fear of my job. I got comp time and later on when they could not do that then I got overtime.

Management employees at a low level were expected to sacrifice everything else when the company called. Forget family. Forget time to rest. Forget friends. The company wants you (and will keep track if you don't submit).

It still smells like crap.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As a salaried employee when I worked extra it was not for love of the company or fear of my job. I got comp time and later on when they could not do that then I got overtime.

Management employees at a low level were expected to sacrifice everything else when the company called. Forget family. Forget time to rest. Forget friends. The company wants you (and will keep track if you don't submit).

It still smells like crap.
But at least it's not a general public solicitation.