• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm glad the past has passed.

Just look at this horror....
TITLE-84.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If everyone in the world gave me 20$ would I be the richest person, or would I not? I would not, but I'd be close. Therefore the question is how to get my 20$.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He's probably my least favorite media serial killer. He reminds me more of a deranged Inquisitor than a serial killer.
He's my favorite serial killer.
Like Lecter, he has a code.
But Dexter's code is more ethical,
his demons are more interesting.

Lecter is rather like Superman with
his superiority making him invulnerable,
which isn't so interesting.
Dexter is simply smart & murderous.
He's more on the ragged edge of getting
caught. This keep things fresher.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
@Revoltingest 's incessant posts of sexist ads reminds me that some long for the days when male WASPs were in charge and everyone else knew their place.

Most Americans Believe U.S. Has Changed For Worse Since 1950s, Poll Finds

The poll, conducted from September 16 to September 29 among 2,508 U.S. adults, found that 52% of Americans believe things have gotten worse since the 1950s, while 47% say they’ve gotten better.

PRRI notes that’s a “notable shift” from when the question was last asked in 2020, when 55% said things had gotten better and 44% said they’d gotten worse.

The change primarily was driven by Republicans
80%. That’s the percentage of Republican respondents who said they agreed with the statement, “Today, America is in danger of losing its culture and identity,” versus only 33% of Democrats. Also, 56% of Republicans separately agreed with the statement they “often feel like a stranger in my own country” because of how much things have changed.

“There’s a kind of wistfulness and nostalgia, the power of the mythical past,” PRRI CEO Robert Jones said about the poll results. “It is an ethno-religious identity, it is a white Christian America and specifically a white Protestant America that people are harkening back to.”

A lot of people razz the 50s, but that may have been a time of awakening - unlike previous decades which were more asleep. The 50s prepared America for the 60s. Despite the racism, sexism, McCarthyism, etc., a more progressive path was already being laid out, even though many resisted.

You can hear it in the music, even if it seems kind of cheesy to today's generations.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A lot of people razz the 50s, but that may have been a time of awakening - unlike previous decades which were more asleep. The 50s prepared America for the 60s. Despite the racism, sexism, McCarthyism, etc., a more progressive path was already being laid out, even though many resisted.

You can hear it in the music, even if it seems kind of cheesy to today's generations.

By that standard the decade after this will be wonderful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
He's my favorite serial killer.
Like Lecter, he has a code.
But Dexter's code is more ethical,
his demons are more interesting.

Lecter is rather like Superman with
his superiority making him invulnerable,
which isn't so interesting.
Dexter is simply smart & murderous.
He's more on the ragged edge of getting
caught. This keep things fresher.
Lecter isn't like Superman, it just took someone who himself has a dark side to catch him. And book one he was already in an FBI maximum security prison for the mental cases. Amd he's polydactyl with an extra middle finger on his left hand, meaning he could give people the triple bird of he were so inclined.