• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"Bones" as in structure, eg, 1st Foundation, 2nd Foundation, etc.

What you chose to feature was something outside Asimov's story. And in fact, the top review featured on imdb:

Not the Foundation

This is yet another example of someone borrowing a title and character names from one story and making up a completely different story using those names. This show bears very little resemblance to the Asimov books, so if that's what you're expecting, you will be disappointed.

With that said, the first two episodes aren't bad in their own right, and this could end up being an interesting story of its own. I just wish producers would quit ripping off the names and titles of well-known works in a cheap attempt to grab a large audience.

The reviews aren't great either Reviews: Foundation - IMDb

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What you chose to feature was something outside Asimov's story. And in fact, the top review featured on imdb:

Not the Foundation

This is yet another example of someone borrowing a title and character names from one story and making up a completely different story using those names. This show bears very little resemblance to the Asimov books, so if that's what you're expecting, you will be disappointed.

With that said, the first two episodes aren't bad in their own right, and this could end up being an interesting story of its own. I just wish producers would quit ripping off the names and titles of well-known works in a cheap attempt to grab a large audience.

The reviews aren't great either Reviews: Foundation - IMDb
You purists....so doctrinaire.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Bones

7-8doctorsmccoy.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You purists....so doctrinaire.
Nonsense. I liked The Hobbit, LoTR, 1984 Dune - because I know that a movie/series is not a book and some things need a different approach in a different medium. But as the reviewer said - ripping off something to build an audience is way over the line even if they do retain a very few elements.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nonsense. I liked The Hobbit, LoTR, 1984 Dune - because I know that a movie/series is not a book and some things need a different approach in a different medium. But as the reviewer said - ripping off something to build an audience is way over the line even if they do retain a very few elements.
What it boils down to...
Ya enjoy it, or ya don't.
I do.
Not everything will be LOTR or GOT.