• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
someone does not have a clean mind.
Not me.
My brain is washed.

bad-weird-brands-taglines-and-slogans-7-5d9c335e0c35e__700.jpg

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Finally I watched The Man Who Fell to Earth. It didn't follow the format of a typical film.
I have wanted to see that movie since I was a boy reading about it in science fiction magazines. I just saw it recently for the first time and was glad to a degree that I had waited until I was an adult to watch it. There was some unexpected detail in the film that would have distracted my juvenile self. At the same time I recognize, my young mind, unfettered by the knowledge of modern effects and formatting, would have been more forgiving or unaware of what might be seen as flaws by todays standards.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have wanted to see that movie since I was a boy reading about it in science fiction magazines. I just saw it recently for the first time and was glad to a degree that I had waited until I was an adult to watch it. There was some unexpected detail in the film that would have distracted my juvenile self. At the same time I recognize, my young mind, unfettered by the knowledge of modern effects and formatting, would have been more forgiving or unaware of what might be seen as flaws by todays standards.

I have never seen that entire movie. And If memory servers, it has David Bowie as the lead, is that right?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I have never seen that entire movie. And If memory servers, it has David Bowie as the lead, is that right?
The film itself is very surrealistic, but essentially is about how a person (or alien) can be corrupted and lose track of their values and idealistic (altruistic?) goals.