• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
European and some other airlines are all better than US ones. US airlines have me thinking that they dream of putting passengers on pallets wearing Depends and loading them onto the plane with a fork-lift.
Are we allowed to wear Depends on planes? What a great idea. It occurs to me that also might be a way to sneak some orange juice onto a plane.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Jung developed the theory of synchronicity as a hypothetical non-causal principle serving as the intersubjective or philosophical objective connection between these seemingly-meaningful coincidences..... and then the Police wrote songs about it

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another reason Menards needs to expand to California is it has come to my attention Home Depot sponsors Autism Speaks. I never liked Home Depot, now they get no more of my money.
Nor does Dollar General. They have a few things I like there, but I'd rather literally shoot myself in the foot than metaphorically do it by giving money to a company who's going to give that money to a group who says Autistic people have no right to exist and sympathizes with parents who murder their autistic kids.
The other companies I learned that give to that hate group I don't shop at.
No right to exist?
Murder?
Autism Speaks - Wikipedia

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No right to exist?
Murder?
Autism Speaks - Wikipedia
They have a very long history of promoting cures for autism, comparing autism to things like cancer, telling people we'll ruin our parents marriage, and forcing ill researched treatment methods on people in attempts to make autistic people not autistic and mask being autistic.
Trying to change non-harmful behaviors in an effort to cure something that doesn't need cured and force conformity, and insisting we have to change, that's basically we don't have a right to exist, that we need to be different than who we are.
And I can keep going on. They claimed until 2017 vaccines cause autism. Less than 5% of their 2021 revenue of $74,000,000 went to helping autistic people in their family. Unless it's changed they don't have anyone with autism serving on their board. Amd from the wiki page:
"This disease has taken our children away. It's time to get them back." This is a view that "many but not all autism scientists would endorse."[57] In contrast, autistic activists have promoted the idea of neurodiversity and the social model of disability, asserting that autistic people are "different but not diseased," and they challenge "how we conceptualize such medical conditions."[57]
In September 2009, Autism Speaks screened the short video I Am Autism at its annual World Focus on Autism event; the video was created by Alfonso Cuarón and by Autism Speaks board member Billy Mann. With narration closely resembling the 1954 short Taming the Crippler, which personified polio as a kind of grim reaper figure, I Am Autism has been criticized by autism advocates and researchers for its negative portrayal of autism.[61][62]
Autism Speaks formerly assigned a high priority to research into the now-discredited claim that immunization is associated with an increased risk of autism. This raised concerns among parents and scientific researchers, because "funding such research, in addition to being wasteful, unduly heightens parents' concerns about the safety of immunization."[63]

Alison Singer, a senior executive of Autism Speaks, resigned in January 2009 rather than vote to commit money to new studies of vaccination and autism. The U.S. Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, of which Singer was a member, voted against committing the funds; this was contrary to the Autism Speaks policy on vaccine safety research. Singer said that "there isn't an unlimited pot of money, and every dollar spent looking where we know the answer isn't is one less dollar we have to spend where we might find new answers. The fact is that vaccines save lives; they don't cause autism."[64] He said that numerous scientific studies have disproved the link first suggested more than a decade ago and that Autism Speaks needs to "move on".[64]
Eric London, a founding member of the Autism Science Foundation's Scientific Advisory Board, resigned from Autism Speaks' Scientific Affairs Committee in June 2009, saying that arguments that "there might be rare cases of 'biologically-plausible' vaccine involvement ... are misleading and disingenuous," and that Autism Speaks was "adversely impacting" autism research.[67]

In March 2010, Autism Speaks said it would not completely abandon the idea that vaccines could cause autism and that it would support "research to determine whether subsets of individuals might be at increased risk for developing autism symptoms following vaccination".[68]

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
First..for no reason

Jung developed the theory of synchronicity as a hypothetical non-causal principle serving as the intersubjective or philosophical objective connection between these seemingly-meaningful coincidences.

and now for something completely different

I'm sleepy...goodnight

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They have a very long history of promoting cures for autism, comparing autism to things like cancer, telling people we'll ruin our parents marriage, and forcing ill researched treatment methods on people in attempts to make autistic people not autistic and mask being autistic.
Trying to change non-harmful behaviors in an effort to cure something that doesn't need cured and force conformity, and insisting we have to change, that's basically we don't have a right to exist, that we need to be different than who we are.
And I can keep going on. They claimed until 2017 vaccines cause autism. Less than 5% of their 2021 revenue of $74,000,000 went to helping autistic people in their family. Unless it's changed they don't have anyone with autism serving on their board. Amd from the wiki page:
Where's the sympathizing with murder claim support?

Shadow Wolf

Where's the sympathizing with murder claim support?
Here is one the videos where they took a sympathetic about hardships parents face, but its pretty crappy, says some nasty things, and around the 4 minute mark a lady says--IN FRONT OF HER CHILD--she's considered driving off the Lincoln Bridge with her child in the car.
(The internet seems awash with articles about journalists being sympathetic towards the killers. Couldn't find much else now)

Shadow Wolf

Not all dongles are equal.
It's not cool they call these things dongles. It's not fair. It's too dirty sounding and seems too much like profanity, like something you call someone like "you damn dongle." Or more fun, like "get your hard dongle over here!":joycat:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's not cool they call these things dongles. It's not fair. It's too dirty sounding and seems too much like profanity, like something you call someone like "you damn dongle." Or more fun, like "get your hard dongle over here!":joycat:

I could put on a Freudian hat based on your post but I won't except to note that the thought paraded through my cranium.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here is one the videos where they took a sympathetic about hardships parents face, but its pretty crappy, says some nasty things, and around the 4 minute mark a lady says--IN FRONT OF HER CHILD--she's considered driving off the Lincoln Bridge with her child in the car.
(The internet seems awash with articles about journalists being sympathetic towards the killers. Couldn't find much else now)
Does one person expressing histrionic
feelings always characterize the whole?
If so, I have some fun examples awaiting.