• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I loaded up their furniture and took it to Spokane
And auctioned off every last Naugahyde divan

Wu Wei

Fourteen hours later I was down in Adelaide
Looking through the want ads sipping Foster's in the shade

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Want to find out for us? Because, if I'm correct that's Ip Man, and he trained Bruce Lee. So, you want to be the volunteer for this experiment?
Ip Man is most recognized for teaching Wing Chun kungfu......It is a martial art that was perfected by female members, it features center line defense and doesn't require great strength but does require 'sensitivity' training. Sensitivity meaning being able to read an opponent's next move by being sensitive to their movements.. I studied under a Sifu who said he had met Ip Man......I even enrolled my son and eventually my daughter...I left the school after learning Sifu was 'nailing' female students on the yearly trips to a NYC WC school.....Also they were using drugs on these trips....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
84410f8e3591f01d72a7e3b8f878d262.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ip Man is most recognized for teaching Wing Chun kungfu......It is a martial art that was perfected by female members, it features center line defense and doesn't require great strength but does require 'sensitivity' training. Sensitivity meaning being able to read an opponent's next move by being sensitive to their movements.. I studied under a Sifu who said he had met Ip Man......I even enrolled my son and eventually my daughter...I left the school after learning Sifu was 'nailing' female students on the yearly trips to a NYC WC school.....Also they were using drugs on these trips....
I've wanted to learn Wing Chun because it looks very interesting and intense, but with my knees if I get to learning anything it would probably be Aikido.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not the hottest day of the year, maximum guestimated at 30c but warm enough.

So some idiot has decided this evening would be a good day for a casserole.

Wu Wei

The female origin is not historically provable, it is at best an origin story. Bruce Lee trained under Ip Man, however he was mostly taught by one of Ip Man's senior students. He also only learned Sil Lum Tao. However the rest is right. I trained Wing Chun for a little while and am currently considering going back. Trained under a student of Ip Ching and also trained in the Ip Man > Leung Sheung line.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Hmm, I wonder - why is that? Is it because high kicks can possibly leave one more vulnerable?
In WC, center line protection is essential......and WC stays away from using too much energy or maybe because the WC brother or sister isn't supposed to lose contact with an opponent since that may break 'sensitivity'......or I just don't know the answer to your question....:(

Wu Wei

I've wanted to learn Wing Chun because it looks very interesting and intense, but with my knees if I get to learning anything it would probably be Aikido.

Not sure about Aikido with bad knees because of this training

They also practice many of their techniques from the knees

Wu Wei

In WC, center line protection is essential......and WC stays away from using too much energy or maybe because the WC brother or sister isn't supposed to lose contact with an opponent since that may break 'sensitivity'......or I just don't know the answer to your question....:(

A lot of Chinese martial arts styles do not use kicks that are above the waist