• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
funny-pics-humans-of-capitalism-166-6297181b6dcc8__700.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I suppose one thing I did learn at college, and learned it well and it serves me well, is to do web searches. I was terrible at them before. But now I can find many things. Not everything, but many things. Without I'd probably be one of the "I don't know what to believe" pleabs.

Shadow Wolf

I've called many places today trying to get my people stabbing externship. And I've decided I don't care if I end up having someone inadvertently getting in trouble for taking me in after someone at another location of the same organization says no. I need this, and forcing people and groups to update policies and print new rules is just something those in my family do. Mom says no so go ask dad. Not like I haven't been in trouble for that one before.

Shadow Wolf

Stab... Stab... Stab.... stab stab
You're a bear. You should come this way so I can do all my stabbings on you to get my externship in. Unconventional for it to be at a vet's office or zoo, sure, but if I can repeatedly stab a nearly 3/4 ton killing machine to harvest its precious bodily fluids over the course of a week and survive intact to tell the tale I think I am good to go.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose one thing I did learn at college, and learned it well and it serves me well, is to do web searches. I was terrible at them before. But now I can find many things. Not everything, but many things. Without I'd probably be one of the "I don't know what to believe" pleabs.

One of the more useful classes I took in college was learning how to type on an IBM Selectric:

Selectric_red_IBMArchives.jpg

Those were actually pretty neat, with the typing balls (lower right), and it also had a correcting ribbon.

For a while, I didn't have a typewriter, so I used the typing room at the library. It cost 25¢ per 15 minutes.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You're a bear. You should come this way so I can do all my stabbings on you to get my externship in. Unconventional for it to be at a vet's office or zoo, sure, but if I can repeatedly stab a nearly 3/4 ton killing machine to harvest its precious bodily fluids over the course of a week and survive intact to tell the tale I think I am good to go.

No problem, as long as you don't mind me getting in some stabbing of my own

kodiak-bear-waving-bear-claws-391vkd456mvr6pr4.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Stop yelling at tourists, say police in Arizona destination | AP News

JEROME, Ariz. (AP) — Police in a old Arizona mining town that gets 1 million tourists annually are warning residents to stop yelling at visitors or they could face harrassment charges.

Jerome, population about 450, was once home to one of Arizona’s largest copper mines and is now an hub for artists. Tourists take in its scenic views and visit stores and bars along the winding mountain road that passes through it.

But Jerome police said on Facebook this week that it “has come to our attention that some people visiting our town on short visits and using lawful short term parking passes are being yelled at or having notes left on their cars by local residents.”

And it warned: “Yelling at, or leaving notes could, in some cases, constitute harassment under Arizona Revised Statutes.”

Jerome is about 110 miles (177 kilometers) north of Phoenix and was designated a National Historic District in 1967.

Residents who think people may have violated parking regulations were asked to contact police.

I've been to Jerome, and no one yelled at me while I was there.

Shadow Wolf

I read an article about reasons "we" love and hate TV Uhtred of Bebbenberg. One reason was funny, because it was how he doesn't treat women the best, and it mentions history and this and that, but that does elevate Uhtred, by a lot, especially when it's contrasted with the Christianized Saxon treatment of women. I even remember posting how I loved that about this show. And then it says "we" hate him is because of his hatred for Christianity. But Uhtred is an Old Ways Pagan Saxon, the Northmen did tend to despise Christianity, and it's a reason I love him because he's a pop culture figure who actually shares in my disliking of it. Especially the Clergy.
These "we" articles really need to speak for themselves.

Shadow Wolf

Probably, although I do get yelled at in my hometown.

But I can sort of understand it, having worked in the hospitality industry. American tourists can be quite obnoxious.
I thought it might be more wanting to some peace and quiet in their own home if the town is that small but gets that many tourists. I'd probably be frustrated with it myself, to say the least.