• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I read an article about reasons "we" love and hate TV Uhtred of Bebbenberg. One reason was funny, because it was how he doesn't treat women the best, and it mentions history and this and that, but that does elevate Uhtred, by a lot, especially when it's contrasted with the Christianized Saxon treatment of women. I even remember posting how I loved that about this show. And then it says "we" hate him is because of his hatred for Christianity. But Uhtred is an Old Ways Pagan Saxon, the Northmen did tend to despise Christianity, and it's a reason I love him because he's a pop culture figure who actually shares in my disliking of it. Especially the Clergy.
These "we" articles really need to speak for themselves.
I typed this then remembered this is the internet, where I'm a bad, offense, terrible person, possibly with a bounty of my head. There is something fundamentally wrong with me if it's the internet and I find my values and norms and beliefs becoming congruent with the internet. I have been taken over by a mighty and powerful body snatcher, one as all consuming as the Borg, someone must do something for my own sake.:tearsofjoy:

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I typed this then remembered this is the internet, where I'm a bad, offense, terrible person, possibly with a bounty of my head. There is something fundamentally wrong with me if it's the internet and I find my values and norms and beliefs becoming congruent with the internet. I have been taken over by a mighty and powerful body snatcher, one as all consuming as the Borg, someone must do something for my own sake.:tearsofjoy:
How much, exactly, would I ...er anyone get to turn you in ?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm finding I keep my opinions more to myself any more, in general. Lucky you guys, that you don't have to hear me say in 50 different forms, "I don't like or get people."

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I suppose one thing I did learn at college, and learned it well and it serves me well, is to do web searches. I was terrible at them before. But now I can find many things. Not everything, but many things. Without I'd probably be one of the "I don't know what to believe" pleabs.
If I were still working and a hiring manager, one of my mandatory questions would be things like: we have a new piece of software for you to learn. How do you learn it? Someone reports a problem you've never dealt with on a piece of software/computer. What do you do? And so forth.

Of course the expected answer is stating using a search engine and what words you'd use. A good followup would be "that search is not productive. What do you do? The expected answer is another set of terms.

Shadow Wolf

How much, exactly, would I ...er anyone get to turn you in ?
Those ones offering would probably be worse off than the Knights Who Say Ni when they hear the word "it" when I open my mouth, so you'll probably never get rewarded for your efforts, especially after I play some Dave Chappelle for them, throw a copy of both the book and movie Fight Club at them (along with a copy of some of Foucault's more well known and thicker works), and run them over with car with the underbody lights full blast (I discovered the internet apparently hates these when I was double checking the legality of them), and then drive away screaming "context forever!"

Shadow Wolf

If I were still working and a hiring manager, one of my mandatory questions would be things like: we have a new piece of software for you to learn. How do you learn it? Someone reports a problem you've never dealt with on a piece of software/computer. What do you do? And so forth.

Of course the expected answer is stating using a search engine and what words you'd use. A good followup would be "that search is not productive. What do you do? The expected answer is another set of terms.
That's a reasonable question.
The time I was asked "what car part are you and why" I wanted to feed my application to the manager interviewing me.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Be obsequious, purple, and clairvoyant

Be pompous, obese, and eat cactus
Be dull, and boring, and omnipresent
Criticize things you don't know about
Be oblong and have your knees removed

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Or try being multitudinous, multifarious, innumerable, distinct or heterogeneous while patting your stomach....

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Trees can be chopped down or if that's hard then blown up.
Try to catch me........ tardis-2311634_640.png

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hobbledehoy “an awkward, ungainly youth,” a variant of hoberdyboy (among other spellings), is of unclear origin, and theories abound. The first part of hobbledehoy may stem from hob or hoberd, which are forms of Robert. The change from Robert to hob or hoberd is typical of rhyming in English name formation; just as Robert has the nickname Bob and is the source of surnames such as Dobbs and Hopkins, William has the nickname Bill and is the source of the surname Gilliam. Similar to the term hobgoblin, the hob element in hobbledehoy is a dialectal English term for “elf” that may be a variant of Robin (a diminutive of Robert), as in Robin Goodfellow, a folkloric fairy also known as Puck. Hobbledehoy was first recorded in English in the 1530s.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Hobbledehoy “an awkward, ungainly youth,” a variant of hoberdyboy (among other spellings), is of unclear origin, and theories abound. The first part of hobbledehoy may stem from hob or hoberd, which are forms of Robert. The change from Robert to hob or hoberd is typical of rhyming in English name formation; just as Robert has the nickname Bob and is the source of surnames such as Dobbs and Hopkins, William has the nickname Bill and is the source of the surname Gilliam. Similar to the term hobgoblin, the hob element in hobbledehoy is a dialectal English term for “elf” that may be a variant of Robin (a diminutive of Robert), as in Robin Goodfellow, a folkloric fairy also known as Puck. Hobbledehoy was first recorded in English in the 1530s.
This may be the reason for the Revolution.....