• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I feel I like I'm down to watching Dune just a couple more times for everything to fit nicely and all fall into place where it should.

Shadow Wolf

And it's been so long since I've watched the American edit of the original Godzilla I forgot pretty much everything about it, amd didn't realize it's the same movie but a different movie. Probably something the Blair Witch and Cloverfield could have learned from.

Shadow Wolf

I'm about to start applying to places a for a second and even third time now.
I just have to remember the one place for the assesment doesn't like calm, mellow and not easily excited and would instead prefer easily excited, bubbly *****es. Never mind the fact personal experience tells me many of the patients would prefer calm and mellow.

Shadow Wolf

Welcome to the world of applying
for jobs. There usually isn't a lot
of prompt communication.
That's not for a job but for that "professional help" thing people keep telling me about. I've been calling one place for almost two months now and nothing except this person who for all I know is dead in a corner somewhere is supposed to call me.
The applying to places a second and third time is the applying for a job part.
And apparently the etiquette has changed or hiring managers are a bunch of rude ******** now because they rarely get back with me. I'm assuming they're rude ********.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's not for a job but for that "professional help" thing people keep telling me about. I've been calling one place for almost two months now and nothing except this person who for all I know is dead in a corner somewhere is supposed to call me.
The applying to places a second and third time is the applying for a job part.
And apparently the etiquette has changed or hiring managers are a bunch of rude ******** now because they rarely get back with me. I'm assuming they're rude ********.
it's always been that way.
When they're not interested, they ghost ya.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
@Wu Wei won't go persuade the two groups here I got ahold to hurry things up and actually return my calls.

There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to take responsibility for themselves and their action..... I'm just helping you get to that point

Wu Wei

So.... I tried to be nice...... I tried to help them out.... I tried to set things up so when I retire, or leave, they are not left in a lurch running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to do stuff I currently do, and may end up doing soon... and all the extra stuff I will also be doing in a little more than a year..... and they are not at all interested...... truth is retirement is in 4 years....however with my supervisor before that, I would get another supervisor..... who will not be in this building and he, or she, could decide I need to work where they are...... oh well...I tried....but one thing has come out of this....I will no longer do their testing for them...the testing they always said they did, that I always prove they didn't do.... and then I fix it for them.... they are now on their own there

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So.... I tried to be nice...... I tried to help them out.... I tried to set things up so when I retire, or leave, they are not left in a lurch running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to do stuff I currently do, and may end up doing soon... and all the extra stuff I will also be doing in a little more than a year..... and they are not at all interested...... truth is retirement is in 4 years....however with my supervisor before that, I would get another supervisor..... who will not be in this building and he, or she, could decide I need to work where they are...... oh well...I tried....but one thing has come out of this....I will no longer do their testing for them...the testing they always said they did, that I always prove they didn't do.... and then I fix it for them.... they are now on their own there

I've known people who faced something similar and then had a nice post-retirement consulting gig when the place they left panicked.

Wu Wei

I've known people who faced something similar and then had a nice post-retirement consulting gig when the place they left panicked.

Nice thought. thank you for that, I will keep it in mind.

But that will only work for them if I retire from here. If they pull me to another unit... which is looking more and more possible everyday...well.... they are on their own. Had something similar when I left my last state office. I tried to show them what I did and train them how to do it, but they would have none of it. And then, I left. Shortly after that I started getting calls form them asking me how to do stuff, or asking me to fix something,. I told my then new supervisor, a CIO, who called them and told them this.."He work or me now, not you, stop bothering him" he then called HR of that department who issued an edict by email that said I was not to be bothered. Same could happen here in a little more than a year. And by the rules of the state, I cannot be a consultant while I work for them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nice thought. thank you for that, I will keep it in mind.

But that will only work for them if I retire from here. If they pull me to another unit... which is looking more and more possible everyday...well.... they are on their own. Had something similar when I left my last state office. I tried to show them what I did and train them how to do it, but they would have none of it. And then, I left. Shortly after that I started getting calls form them asking me how to do stuff, or asking me to fix something,. I told my then new supervisor, a CIO, who called them and told them this.."He work or me now, not you, stop bothering him" he then called HR of that department who issued an edict by email that said I was not to be bothered. Same could happen here in a little more than a year. And by the rules of the state, I cannot be a consultant while I work for them.

You chose the wrong career.

stuff-tiny-humans-say-kids-63dce408e6e79-png__700.jpg

Shadow Wolf

There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to take responsibility for themselves and their action..... I'm just helping you get to that point
Yeah, I've had to learn to not accept blame when it's not my fault.