• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
How about selling on ebay?
I apparently need someone to show me how as I've sat on a pile of unsold crap (that others sold no problem) on that.
You're smart enuf to do it...but your brain & body
are getting in the way. Put'm in their place!
I think it's more being austic combined with growing up sans neighborhood, community and neighbors and being bullied in school to the point I learned how to avoid people instead of learning to interacting with them and forming relationships with them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I apparently need someone to show me how as I've sat on a pile of unsold crap (that others sold no problem) on that.

I think it's more being austic combined with growing up sans neighborhood, community and neighbors and being bullied in school to the point I learned how to avoid people instead of learning to interacting with them and forming relationships with them.
That's the advantage of ebay...minimal human
contact. I'm sure that a resourceful person like
you can find books, classes, or info on the internet
about selling there.
The problem I find is inertia, ie, getting started.
You're too young to be a lazy & comfortable as I.

Shadow Wolf

The problem I find is inertia, ie, getting started.
You're too young to be a lazy & comfortable as I.
The problem of my life I'm very skilled and good at what I do. Doing things with other people is not one of those things.
Kind of Van Gough. He had all these paintings, did lots of work, but he himself was never able to do anything with them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The problem of my life I'm very skilled and good at what I do. Doing things with other people is not one of those things.
Kind of Van Gough. He had all these paintings, did lots of work, but he himself was never able to do anything with them.
There should be plenty of ways to make
money over the internet. How about
making crafts or other products to sell
on ebay, etsy, etc.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Given what's going on in TX and FL, I"m stocking up on my cupboard of insults. Here's just a couple. A word to the wise about your RF posts today: there's many more where these two came from.

Cumberworld Also called a cumberground—someone who is so useless, they just serve to take up space.

Abydocomist Abydos was a city in Ancient Egypt whose inhabitants, according to one 19th-century dictionary, “were famous for inventing slanders and boasting of them.” Whether that’s true or not, the name Abydos is the origin of abydocomist—a liar who brags about their lies.

Shadow Wolf

TX and FL leading the way back to 1000AD.
Actually that's false. @Rival shared with me some medieval thing, some investigation into something I don't remember, but it included a MtF living in a nunnery as a nun and those "dark agers" found no wrong doing and nothing wrong with it.
In lots of ways contemporary American Christians are more primitive and backwards than they were when the kingdoms of Wessex and Frankia existed, and hardly in any ways improved (like how still cling onto what they think are holy relics). Amd those "primitive" Christians coexisted with the Danes who invaded their lands amd worshipped other gods. Todays True American Christian simply can't be bothered to be asked to mingle with such obvious sinners.

Shadow Wolf

Given what's going on in TX and FL, I"m stocking up on my cupboard of insults. Here's just a couple. A word to the wise about your RF posts today: there's many more where these two came from.

Cumberworld Also called a cumberground—someone who is so useless, they just serve to take up space.

Abydocomist Abydos was a city in Ancient Egypt whose inhabitants, according to one 19th-century dictionary, “were famous for inventing slanders and boasting of them.” Whether that’s true or not, the name Abydos is the origin of abydocomist—a liar who brags about their lies.
I like assling. "Fruit of the ***" is how it was described in one od the Saxon Tale/Last Kingdom books (allegedly even Alfred the Great was fond of the word). Gob****e is another favorite. And you can never go wrong with schweinhund.

Shadow Wolf

There should be plenty of ways to make
money over the internet. How about
making crafts or other products to sell
on ebay, etsy, etc.
Been over that. I need to be taught how to do this so my stuff doesn't float around unseen and unbought (even got permission to link here once and went nowhere).
And etsy, they're either going to have to change how it does business or it's going to get killed off by all the stores hawking counterfeit, pirated and otherwise illegal items violating copyright laws.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
TX and FL leading the way back to 1000AD.

So....are you saying you don't like time pieces, archery, fire, and pizza

Inventions of 1000AD
1000 Longbow > Wales
1000 Modern Sundial > Moorish Spain
1000 Pizza > Byzantium
1000 Portable Flamethrower > China

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Crotchelfester -
A neologism I invented.
I don't know what it means, but it's pretty bad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're more of a Captain Dunsel,,,which is something Gene Roddenberry invented
How dare you offer me info about "dunsel"!
I've watched more Star Trek episodes than
you ever could, ya still work'n, always twerk'n,
hiker maul'n, car stall'n, crotchelfester!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
How dare you offer me info about "dunsel"!
I've watched more Star Trek episodes than
you ever could, ya still work'n, always twerk'n,
hiker maul'n, car stall'n, crotchelfester!

Why you illiterate itinerant farmer taunting Frenchie fondling tractor touching kangaroo kisser.... I did not give you ANY info about Dunsel....I just said you're more of a Captain Dunsel......and then clarified for other thieves and reprobates who may come drunkenly stumbling through as to where it came from.... like you did with the ridiculous verbiage you invented....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why you illiterate itinerant farmer taunting Frenchie fondling tractor touching kangaroo kisser.... I did not give you ANY info about Dunsel....I just said you're more of a Captain Dunsel......and then clarified for other thieves and reprobates who may come drunkenly stumbling through as to where it came from.... like you did with the ridiculous verbiage you invented....
Typical crotchelfester response you made.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We may have one (or more) of these in this thread

Zoilus was a Greek grammarian who became known as one of the most vitriolic critics of Homer, author of The Iliad and The Odyssey. Consequently, a zoilist is an overly-critical and judgmental nitpicker.

Fustilarian
Another of Shakespeare’s best put-downs, coined in Henry IV, Part 2: “Away, you scullion! You rampallion! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe,” Falstaff exclaims. If not just a variation of fustilugs, he likely meant it to mean someone who stubbornly wastes time on worthless things.

Dorbel
As well as being another name for a nincompoop, a dorbel is a petty, nit-picking teacher. It’s derived from the name of an old French scholar named Nicolas d’Orbellis, who was well known as a supporter of the much-derided philosopher John Duns Scotus (whose followers were the original “dunces”).

The rest are here: 43 Old English Insults