• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Too many boneheaded teachers to trust them with guns.
Not all teachers would get this privilege.
Consider the selection mechanism....
Cops: Tends to attract bullies, authoritarians, thieves.
And as we've seen in Uvalde TX, many care about their own
safety, not the children.
These aren't the pool we want to cull from for school presence.
Teachers: Tends to attract people who want to embiggen kids.
These are the right applicants, who simply need training to defend.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Teachers: Tends to attract people who want to embiggen kids.
These are the right applicants, who simply need training to defend.
I've had my fair share of **** teachers. Or just careless, like that one who leaned over a Bunsen burner wondering why it wasn't liting, letting her long but soon to be short haor dangle over it, yeah, don't ever give her a gun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've had my fair share of **** teachers. Or just careless, like that one who leaned over a Bunsen burner wondering why it wasn't liting, letting her long but soon to be short haor dangle over it, yeah, don't ever give her a gun.
Does this mean that you trust cops to be in schools
more than some specially trained armed teachers?
I don't.
I find teachers to be the better pool to assume
responsibility to defend the school.
- They're less likely to be corrupt bullies.
- They're not part of fearful violent cop culture.
- They're on site, & more numerous than a cop.
- They're cheaper than hiring a cop, who doesn't
do anything except be there.

Shadow Wolf

Does this mean that you trust cops to be in schools
more than some specially trained armed teachers?
I don't.
I find teachers to be the better pool to assume
responsibility to defend the school.
- They're less likely to be corrupt bullies.
- They're not part of fearful violent cop culture.
- They're on site, & more numerous than a cop.
- They're cheaper than hiring a cop, who doesn't
do anything except be there.
I don't trust the cops there or teachers taking up such drastic measures. They aren't trained for it, it's not their job, we need to demand we look like a proper First World countries and not more like war torn and **** African and Middle East amd South American countries where such things are more normal.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't trust the cops there or teachers taking up such drastic measures. They aren't trained for it, it's not their job, we need to demand we look like a proper First World countries and not more like war torn and **** African and Middle East amd South American countries where such things are more normal.
Did you miss the part where I said they'd be trained?
If not cops, & not teachers, do you propose that the
schools be undefended? Or just let the mayhem
begin, & have the cops eventually show up to perhaps
just wait outside while parents sneak in to rescue kids?

Shadow Wolf

Did you miss the part where I said they'd be trained?
If not cops, & not teachers, do you propose that the
schools be undefended? Or just let the mayhem
begin, & have the cops eventually show up to perhaps
just wait outside while parents sneak in to rescue kids?
I propose we look more like a proper First World country and actually do something to reduce the gun violence.

Shadow Wolf

Cop culture is endemic, & makes them ill
suited to deal with neurodivergent, blind, deaf,
young, elderly, & handicapped people.
As for the specific case, I've not looked into it.
I'd like to see analysis on youtube channels....
Audit The Audit, Audit Zone, Lackluster, The Civil Rights Lawyer.
They're better than conventional news sources.
Reminds me of that disclaimer from that local band in Indiana, but insteas of warning people about the band it's warning them against the cops. Cop culture is endemic and damgerous for neurodivergent, deaf, handicapped, and "children, or adults, or the elderly, or white people, or Judas Priest, or Catholic priests, or Filipinos, or jalapeños, people with eyes or people without eyes, or Germans, or German Shepherds, or shepherd pie or apple pie, Johnny Appleseed, or Johnny Quest, or George Bush, or George Lopez, or Mexicans in general, or Spaniards, or horses, black people or yellow people, or midgets."
See, @Wu Wei? That's what corn fumes do to people. It's not Menards, it's making music that is damgerous apple pie and a cartoon character who is already severely mentally damaged, emotionally broken, psychological disturbed and heavily dependant upon drugs.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My signature keeps getting longer. The latest addition is the bill that allows the Commissar of Votes, aka "Secretary of State" to reject the vote of the people along with another bill making it easier to cheat

The bill was introduced alongside over a dozen other bills seeking to restrict voter access and overhaul the state’s elections process. Senate Bill 260, for example, would allow the secretary to suspend election administrators without cause, and Senate Bill 1070 would enable Texas to withdraw from the Electronic Registration Information Center (ERIC), a bipartisan program that maintains voter rolls across state lines that has recently been targeted by far-right propaganda.

State Republicans quietly introduced the bills in the State Affairs Committee on Thursday morning—without giving the mandatory 48-hour notice. “Every part of today’s hearing highlights the subversive attacks on elections in Texas,” Ehresman said, “and (SB) 1993 is a part of that.”

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, now, here's a bit of good news for chile lovers: Get it while it's hot: New Mexico boosts chile production

While production was up, the land used for planting was actually less than in 2021. That’s because farmers are seeing higher yields from their crops due to irrigation and cultivation improvements, said Travis Day, executive director of the New Mexico Chile Association.

He said the latest figures are exciting news for the industry, which has faced its share of market and labor challenges in recent years.

“Our members are finally seeing normality after the COVID pandemic and labor, while still an issue, is slowly getting better,” he said.

Day also pointed out that more farmers outside southern New Mexico’s chile-growing belt are having success with peppers. About three-fifths of last year’s production came from counties other than Sierra, Doña Ana and Luna counties.

Doña Ana County is home to Hatch, a village at the edge of the Rio Grande that has come to be known as the “Chile Capital of the World.” Researchers at New Mexico State University have long said that soil conditions, warmer temperatures, the right amount of water and a longer growing season in the region result in a unique flavor.

The "sweet smell of green chile roasting in the fall" is now New Mexico's official state aroma.

I don't think we have an official state aroma in Arizona.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Michiganistan has 2 state aromas.
One for the LP (Lower Peninsula), & one for the UP.
Guess which is which....
R.de8c2fe71348340d61cd6a5c49ccb2d3

1680466462670.jpeg

Shadow Wolf

I know they're out there, here and now, but it's been a while since I've heard someone rant about rap music with a criticism that doesn't even actually apply (like saying it's not music or is just talking or doesn't have real emotion to it) or are just very misguided opinions (like the guy who told me that the genre and everyone who likes it is just misguided).

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I know they're out there, here and now, but it's been a while since I've heard someone rant about rap music with a criticism that doesn't even actually apply (like saying it's not music or is just talking or doesn't have real emotion to it) or are just very misguided opinions (like the guy who told me that the genre and everyone who likes it is just misguided).
Rap comes from from the bible. "Here I am. I stand at the door and rap..." Rev 3:20 :smilingimp: