• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My wife's computer just reached CA. It's passing through Avenal which I had to look up. That's near Fresno. Next stop: the local distribution site, Fairfield.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
They still call it pop, I don't, but whatever year it was Faygo named their strawbwerry soda Red Pop. So get with it, silly bear!

You're sounding WAAAAY to geezerly for your age.....Faygo...wow.....midwest folk are weird...but props for defending you're lord and master @Revoltingest

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
mainly around the St. Louis, Mo, area, carbonated beverages were and maybe still are called Sodee or Sodee Pop

"Soda" seems to the more commonly used term here, although some people use "coke" for any carbonated beverage. Once I was at work and someone pointed to a can of Diet 7-Up and said "there's a coke if you want one." It wasn't a Coke. It wasn't The Real Thing. Even New Coke wasn't Coke, although I did give it a fair chance.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My wife's computer just reached CA. It's passing through Avenal which I had to look up. That's near Fresno. Next stop: the local distribution site, Fairfield.

Talk about a scenic tour. My wife's computer stopped in Tracy, had a look around, and left again. Now it says it's coming to the destination "on time" when the original "on time" was yesterday. I should ask ChatGPT to tell me why on time is not really on time.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Talk about a scenic tour. My wife's computer stopped in Tracy, had a look around, and left again. Now it says it's coming to the destination "on time" when the original "on time" was yesterday. I should ask ChatGPT to tell me why on time is not really on time.
The new computer does NOT like Fairfield. It arrived there and left 4 minutes later. I've always thought more kindly of Fairfield.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
"Soda" seems to the more commonly used term here, although some people use "coke" for any carbonated beverage. Once I was at work and someone pointed to a can of Diet 7-Up and said "there's a coke if you want one." It wasn't a Coke. It wasn't The Real Thing. Even New Coke wasn't Coke, although I did give it a fair chance.
That's probably some Southerners who have wondered out of their native jurisdiction.

Shadow Wolf

You're sounding WAAAAY to geezerly for your age.....Faygo...wow.....midwest folk are weird...but props for defending you're lord and master @Revoltingest
If you think MidWesterners are wierd, Juggalos got an entire song about Faygo, which is called Juggalo Juice (it's ICP so it's got strong language).

Shadow Wolf

I am indeed from the midwest in the 1950s.
We don't call pop "soda" or "coke" here.
That applies to my mom. You two would probably get along as two people in public, but not as two individuals in public, for she does not like atheistkind.
My dad is from same impoverished community but a decade later. I don't know when his parents were born, be he acts like he was born around the time my mom's parents were (1904 and 1911). My best friend's dad has one of his highschool text books, and it has where he drew KISS on the side of it decades ago. Which is not anything unusual for someone around his age to have put that on things. What's unexpected is my dad not liking Kiss because, according to him, it's too heavy and nothing but a bunch of screaming.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
6426d35fea095_iot6rnxcsoi61__700.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
this message is here to allow me to attach an image, since just attaching an image is not allowed

Attachments

• weasels.gif
    weasels.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 85