• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
People still try to tempt me with Stranger things. Yes, it's when amd where I grew up, and that where I grew up part is why I haven't watched it. That part of Indiana is a **** nasty place to live.
All that "Christian love" they showed Ryan White (Hawkins wouldn't be that far from Kokomo) is a national story that reflects how crappy they were. They also did things like take pictures of people going into the sex toy shop and plastering them all over town to (successfully) get the store closed, and host a pretty large Klan rally while upholding the sundown town mentality that continues to this day (ESPECIALLY in the immediate area of where Hawkins would be).
It is not an unreasonable assumption to assume most of those kids would have grown up to be conservative Evangelical bigots and the rest having to unlearn things to partake of the modern, civilized society that isn't *** backwards.

Yeah, a lot of people tend to associate the Klan with southern states, but they also found supporters and fellow-travelers in northern states, too - and western states. Even California used to be fairly right-wing. Some parts still are.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Who knows? All I know is that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on 9-11. Also when the compound in Waco burned. Also when the OKC bombing happened. 2022 is sort of a blur to me but I'm sure it happened. Because now it's 2023!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If you're as old as me, this...

WuMo Comic Strip for April 13, 2023

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who knows? All I know is that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on 9-11. Also when the compound in Waco burned. Also when the OKC bombing happened. 2022 is sort of a blur to me but I'm sure it happened. Because now it's 2023!

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I know some people who think Led Zeppelin was a major turning point in history.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I dont know if I should trust this book on Japanese or not. A couple words in it I have never heard a Japanese person say it that way (unless it's pre-WWII stuff where I have heard some differences, including trilled Rs). But this book is new.
Amd have you watched Cocaine Bear? A coked up bear is probably the scariest thing on the planet but that movie sounds great for some laughs.

Shadow Wolf

Yeah, a lot of people tend to associate the Klan with southern states, but they also found supporters and fellow-travelers in northern states, too - and western states. Even California used to be fairly right-wing. Some parts still are.
Some of what I've heard does surprise about what I've heard about some of the cities around here, but I'm also told they used to be very white back in the day. Which itself surprises me because hearing two or three different languages is a regular part of daily life here.

Shadow Wolf

I got a coupon at the blood center for a free haircut. I was reluctant to go because it's a sports themed place for a "manscape," but free's all I can afford.
Turns out it's two girls working there, it was really nice and I even got my hair braided.