• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't know what "IOP" is.
The things I don't know could fill a herd of libraries.
Intensive Outpatient Program. It was actually a PHP, Partial Hospitalization Program, but I tend to just say IOP because it turns out a TON of healthcare providers don't know what a PHP is, and even after explaining it they're still "huh?":rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Intensive Outpatient Program. It was actually a PHP, Partial Hospitalization Program, but I tend to just say IOP because it turns out a TON of healthcare providers don't know what a PHP is, and even after explaining it they're still "huh?":rolleyes:
PHP = Pan Head Phillips.
OIP.WxRxw1AGEwetCRidKnK0MwHaHa

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
AcronymDefinition
PHPPHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (HTML-embedded scripting language)
PHPPersonal Home Page (original name for PHP server-side scripting language)
PHPPhilippine Peso (Currency Unit, ISO)
PHPPeople Helping People
PHPParents Helping Parents
PHPPublic Health and Policy (various organizations)
PHPPublic Health Preparedness
PHPPan Head Phillips (screw fasteners)
PHPPartial Hospitalization Program
PHPPCI Hot Plug
PHPPublic Health Perspective
PHPPhysicians Health Plan
PHPPhencyclidine (CAS 60124-79-0)
PHPProject Honey Pot (online security initiative)
PHPPublic Health Programme (various organizations)
PHPPersonal History Profile (various organizations)
PHPPlant Health Progress (journal; American Phytopathological Society)
PHPPersonal Health Profile (questionnaire)
PHPPercutaneous Hepatic Perfusion (cancer therapy)
PHPPost-Harvest Processing
PHPPANHA (Iran Helicopter Support and Renewal Company) Helicopter Project
PHPPersonal Home Page
PHPPenultimate Hop Popping
PHPParsed Hypertext Pre-Processor
PHPPhp Hypertext Pre-Processing
PHPPrivate Home Page
PHPPhysical Plan
PHPPseudohypoparathyroidism
PHPPremium Handset Protection
PHPPartnership Health Plan (various locations)
PHPPresbyterian Hospital of Plano (Plano, TX)
PHPProfessional Housing Provider (education based certification program)
PHPPositive Health Program (San Francisco, CA)
PHPPrepaid Health Plans (health maintenance organizations USA)
PHPPersonal Handy Phone
PHPPracticing His Presence (Christian act of praying all day)
PHPPre Hypertext Processor
PHPParallel History Project on NATO and the Warsaw Pact (international security consortium)
PHPPeople's Heritage Party (Ghana)
PHPPast High Priest
PHPProgrammable Hyperlinked Pasta
PHPPacking House Products (transportation)
PHPPhysicians' Home Page
PHPProject for Horticultural Promotion
PHPPenultimate Hop Pop (MPLS)
PHPPot Head Pixie
PHPProfessional Homepage Power (Germany)
PHPPost Hypertext Preprocessor
PHPPigeonhole Principal
PHPPeak Health Promotions (Melksham, UK)
PHPPower Hybrid Package
PHPPredicted Hitting Point
PHPPurple Heart Patrol (DC Comics)
PHPProcess of Handicap Production

I vote for Pot Head Pixie and Project Honey Pot.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
But we both age slow and look way younger than we really are. So of course it also looks good on me.

Also, your practice of putting your resume on their desk...and then jamming a knife into the middle of, so it would blow away...... you might want to stop doing that too

knife-blade.gif

Shadow Wolf

Learning German has definitely already helped with Japanese.
And it has got to be due to being autistic that I can understand spoken Japanese vastly easier than spoken Spanish and German. Those two spoken, to me it's like how the Japanese write.

Shadow Wolf

Also, your practice of putting your resume on their desk...and then jamming a knife into the middle of, so it would blow away...... you might want to stop doing that too

knife-blade.gif
But I'm doing that nit just to make sure it doesn't blow away but to point to things I wish to highlight.:coldsweat:

Wu Wei

And it has got to be due to being autistic that I can understand spoken Japanese vastly easier than spoken Spanish and German. Those two spoken, to me it's like how the Japanese write.

私は困惑している
Watashi wa konwaku ****e iru

Wu Wei

But I'm doing that nit just to make sure it doesn't blow away but to point to things I wish to highlight.:coldsweat:

Well....it's highlighting the wrong thing.... might be better off, and get a better chance, if you just used a highlighter

1025012016.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Well....it's highlighting the wrong thing.... might be better off, and get a better chance, if you just used a highlighter

1025012016.jpg
But how does one stamd out and leave an impression doing what others are doing? If I'm going to stabbing people shouldn't I be displaying my skills with sharo objects with a theatrical flair?

Wu Wei

But how does one stamd out and leave an impression doing what others are doing? If I'm going to stabbing people shouldn't I be displaying my skills with sharo objects with a theatrical flair?

No, I don't think so...... but you do most definitely stand out while stabbing stuff

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I either forgot or never knew you were autistic. You appear to understand things including humor. I guess its not obvious in forums. Can people see that you are different, or is it subtle?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

1681339340433.png

Well, it doesn't really look that bad. Yeah, it looks kind of like one, but I don't know if it needs to be removed. It's been there for 30 years, and only now people are getting upset about it?

Some residents in a California town are calling for county officials to remove a longtime sculpture they believe oddly resembles a "phallic symbol."

Richard Deutsch, the artist who created the sculpture that has stood in front of the San Benito County administrative building for 30 years, said that he was inspired by the Pinnacles National Monument, which is in the Salinas Valley region of California, according to KSBW.

"What I did was I chose some of the formations as being the center point for the project in front of your county building," Deutsch said according to the outlet.

Elia Salinas, one of the residents calling for the sculpture's removal, said that some women who work in the county building are offended by the imagery of the sculpture, KSBW reported.

"The women in this building feel uncomfortable," Salinas told the outlet. "Not all, apparently, but there are some women who feel uncomfortable to walk into thie building and having this phallic symbol."

San Benito County supervisors clashed at a board of supervisors meeting on Tuesday over the issue, with most women on the panel in favor of looking into whether the sculpture should have a place in front of the building.

"I just don't know that, in front of our county building, this statue makes much sense," Mindy Sotelo, a member of the county's board of supervisors said at a board meeting on Wednesday. "I think, some ways, it's a bit tasteless."

Another county supervisor, Dom Zanger, argued that "not every piece is going to be universally understood the same way and liked by everyone, and that's ok."

The board of supervisors voted 3-2 to create a committee to look further into whether or not the sculpture should be removed from the front of the building.

Besides, we have a long history of structures which are shaped a certain way:

1681339625112.png

1681339633199.png

1681339667540.png

Shadow Wolf

I have found a discrepancy between two Japanese learning sources.
I first learned to say "I speak a little Japanese"
Nihongo ga sukoshi desu.
But in this source I'm reading it's:
Nihongo ga sukoshi hanasemasu.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

View attachment 74937

Well, it doesn't really look that bad. Yeah, it looks kind of like one, but I don't know if it needs to be removed. It's been there for 30 years, and only now people are getting upset about it?

Besides, we have a long history of structures which are shaped a certain way:

View attachment 74941

View attachment 74942

View attachment 74943
Get rid of them all. And of course pens need to go as well. as do pointed sticks and Space-X rockets.

Shadow Wolf

I either forgot or never knew you were autistic. You appear to understand things including humor. I guess its not obvious in forums. Can people see that you are different, or is it subtle?
Whwn I was younger I really struggled with comedy, and stereotypically would do my laughing when I eventually got, after the fact and after everyone else has moved on. Suxh as, it was actually @Revoltingest who pointed out to me that Rocky and Bullwinkle is satirical (I've not watched it since I was little and all that went over my head).
And people usually can tell I'm different with things like a flat affect, vocalhbary anf mannerisms, but not everyone interprets it the same. A few cops have been the worst and thought I was intoxicated. A lot of people can just tell I'm different. But those familiar with autism often notice it in me

Shadow Wolf