• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

View attachment 74937

Well, it doesn't really look that bad. Yeah, it looks kind of like one, but I don't know if it needs to be removed. It's been there for 30 years, and only now people are getting upset about it?

Besides, we have a long history of structures which are shaped a certain way:

View attachment 74941

View attachment 74942

View attachment 74943
Those are nuthin compared to the Ypsilanti MI water tower.
OIP.ReQpJzSEPPp8x-gYq5Tm-gHaLG

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Whwn I was younger I really struggled with comedy, and stereotypically would do my laughing when I eventually got, after the fact and after everyone else has moved on. Suxh as, it was actually @Revoltingest who pointed out to me that Rocky and Bullwinkle is satirical (I've not watched it since I was little and all that went over my head).
And people usually can tell I'm different with things like a flat affect, vocalhbary anf mannerisms, but not everyone interprets it the same. A few cops have been the worst and thought I was intoxicated. A lot of people can just tell I'm different. But those familiar with autism often notice it in me
I will try to remember, but I may have to be reminded someday. Please forgive that. I'll probably remember.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have found a discrepancy between two Japanese learning sources.
I first learned to say "I speak a little Japanese"
Nihongo ga sukoshi desu.
But in this source I'm reading it's:
Nihongo ga sukoshi hanasemasu.

I read a translation for this scene in the comments:

****surei desu ga, - I am causing an inconvenience (excuse me)
heya wo ka****e itadakimasu ka? - Will you humbly partake in lending a room?
Dame da! - No Way!
Anatatachi ni Heya o kasanai yo.. - I won't lend you a room
Nerd! -Nerd!

I guess the Japanese word for "nerd" is "nerd."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I read a translation for this scene in the comments:

****surei desu ga, - I am causing an inconvenience (excuse me)
heya wo ka****e itadakimasu ka? - Will you humbly partake in lending a room?
Dame da! - No Way!
Anatatachi ni Heya o kasanai yo.. - I won't lend you a room
Nerd! -Nerd!

I guess the Japanese word for "nerd" is "nerd."
The Japanese word for "good timing" is good timing. I just heard it watching a Japanese show.
My Japanese-English lacks an entry for nerd in the English half. The Japanese half entry for otaku is your house, with no mention of the use for geek/nerd.

Shadow Wolf

My Japanese-English dictionary, it's dated '97, a reprint of its '95 hardcover edition.
I will probably get a newer one whenI can, lol.

Shadow Wolf

Interesting, but I dint find it compelling.
But I haven't seen the movie, & that is
sometimes necessary to appreciate the
context for the score.
The lyrics themselves are a Catholic funeral mass prayer. The particular version was made for the movie. A movie that shows fighting and resisting and denying who amd what you are isn't good for your health, a movie where Tom Cruise is at his arrogant best, and we get to see Antonio Bamderaz play a very sexy vampire (the Victorian era clothing, the accent, long hair framing that face. He bite me any time.:relaxed: )
It's also a very early role for Kirsten Dunst, and even though she was just a wee lass she too was perfect for the role.
The score to Big Fish came to mind
as great because of how it worked
with the movie.
That movie reminded me too much of the story tellers, one uppers, know it alls and seen it alls, and other sorts I don't like. I meam, common! His own kids, for very good reason, don't even trust him and can't trust him.
How did a movie about a habbitial and very untrustable liar get to be popular and well liked?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The lyrics themselves are a Catholic funeral mass prayer. The particular version was made for the movie. A movie that shows fighting and resisting and denying who amd what you are isn't good for your health, a movie where Tom Cruise is at his arrogant best, and we get to see Antonio Bamderaz play a very sexy vampire (the Victorian era clothing, the accent, long hair framing that face. He bite me any time.:relaxed: )
It's also a very early role for Kirsten Dunst, and even though she was just a wee lass she too was perfect for the role.
That would add meaning for those in the know.
That movie reminded me too much of the story tellers, one uppers, know it alls and seen it alls, and other sorts I don't like. I meam, common! His own kids, for very good reason, don't even trust him and can't trust him.
How did a movie about a habbitial and very untrustable liar get to be popular and well liked?
He was a liar of the harmless story telling kind.
And in the end, we saw that the stories had
much truth.
BTW, I don't think it was all that popular.

Shadow Wolf

He was a liar of the harmless story telling kind.
And in the end, we saw that the stories had
much truth.
They had seeds of truth but basically everything beyond "something happened" was twisted into fantasy that didn't reflect reality. Like the circus. Beyond him meeting people there was no truth to it. Or that village. He was there. He met the people. It was all lies after that.
And raising kids who can't trust you isn't my idea of harmless.

That would add meaning for those in the know.
I've always liked that song, even before I knew of the Catholic origins. That movie was how my sister introduced me to Anne Rice back in the 90s, and I just learned of the Catholic thing earlier this year or late last year.
It does remind me I need Anne Rice's erotic novels. They have some BDSM tyoe stuff in them I'm told, and tbey were the second Anne Rice thing my sister introduced me to.

Shadow Wolf

I guess Tennessee is becoming the new Florida.

It's stuff like that that makes it very hard to remember it really is better to not sink to their level and show them what a heart eating ***** looks like. Not that I've ate one, but I have been known to play scaries, crazies and psychos very well.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think I've ever told anyone this, but I always keep a backscratcher within arm's reach when I'm at my desk. It really comes in handy - quite often.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

This looks bad.

1681357723050.png

The building is the former Hoffco/Comet Industries plant, which produced lawn and garden products for 60 years before closing in 2009, according to a situation report from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

The facility now processes recyclables, including plastics, according to Jones.

"There's a host of different chemicals plastics give off when they're on fire, so it's concerning," the state fire marshal told reporters Tuesday.

Apparently, the owner was warned and cited in the past for safety violations.

The plant, located near the Indiana-Ohio border, is owned in part by the city of Richmond and in part by a private citizen, according to Brown.

"He has been warned several times," the city fire chief told reporters Tuesday. "We have an unsafe citation that was issued to him. We don't know exactly when that was but we were aware of the situation and we were dealing with the situation."

Shadow Wolf

This looks bad.

View attachment 75010

Apparently, the owner was warned and cited in the past for safety violations.
People still try to tempt me with Stranger things. Yes, it's when amd where I grew up, and that where I grew up part is why I haven't watched it. That part of Indiana is a **** nasty place to live.
All that "Christian love" they showed Ryan White (Hawkins wouldn't be that far from Kokomo) is a national story that reflects how crappy they were. They also did things like take pictures of people going into the sex toy shop and plastering them all over town to (successfully) get the store closed, and host a pretty large Klan rally while upholding the sundown town mentality that continues to this day (ESPECIALLY in the immediate area of where Hawkins would be).
It is not an unreasonable assumption to assume most of those kids would have grown up to be conservative Evangelical bigots and the rest having to unlearn things to partake of the modern, civilized society that isn't *** backwards.