• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I dunno about that....it appears that you
lack enuf water for those almonds.
We're not in a drought anymore. For the moment. It rained and rained and rained, dams spilling for the first time in decades, lakes drained over a century ago reemerged, and the rivers have flowed for a couple solid months now.

Shadow Wolf

So, my arm has been bothering me for awhile, I've been in physical therapy, had a cortisone shot, some other shot, on meds for it, lots of lain amd numbness, my doctor thinks there's a few things wrong, I had an xray that predictably reveales nothing, and my ****ing insurance still needs preauthorization for an MRI on my shoulder.
If Douglas Adams has been American then I feel confident health insurance would be among those thrown against the wall with the advertisers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We're not in a drought anymore. For the moment. It rained and rained and rained, dams spilling for the first time in decades, lakes drained over a century ago reemerged, and the rivers have flowed for a couple solid months now.
Temporary.
How's Lake Mead look'n?

Shadow Wolf

Temporary.
How's Lake Mead look'n?
As I said, for now.
And for lake Mead, I'm several months out of date with my current knowledge of that. I just know we're doing, and that is we got enough rain that we were able to help replinish our aquifers a bit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As I said, for now.
And for lake Mead, I'm several months out of date with my current knowledge of that. I just know we're doing, and that is we got enough rain that we were able to help replinish our aquifers a bit.
Mind the difference between climate & weather.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1681436446470.png

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As I said, for now.

I saw this in the news the other day: In Colorado River talks, still no agreement about water cuts

The storms and the extra snowpack helped, but we're not out of the woods yet.

Officials expect some relief this year from a series of powerful storms that blanketed California and the Western Rocky Mountains, the main source of the Colorado River's water. But it's not clear how that amount of precipitation is affecting negotiations. On Monday, Beaudreau denied that a sense of urgency had gone away after the winter storms, but gave no indication as to how the seven states should reach an agreement before August when the agency typically announces water availability for the following year.

"The snow is great. It's a godsend. But we're in the midst of a 23-year drought," Beaudreau said. He said states, Native American tribes and other water users recognized that it would be in no one's interest to stall talks because of the winter's healthy snowpack — which stands at 160% of the median in the Upper Colorado River Basin.

In January, six of the seven U.S. states that rely on the Colorado River — Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado — outlined how they would conserve significantly more water, but California disagreed with the approach and released its own ideas a day later.

Both plans heeded a call last year from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, which operates the major dams in the river system, for states to propose how they would cut their water use by roughly 15% and 30% — in addition to existing water cuts agreed upon in recent years. Each achieves about 2 million acre-feet of cuts, which is at the low end of the requested cuts.

It's not just among the states either, as Mexico is also entitled to 1.5 million acre-feet of water per year, according to a 1944 treaty.

I've been reading some articles where scientists believe there might be huge caches of water in the mantle, encased in rocks.

As climate change gets worse and worse, the fight over access to fresh water will get more and more intense.

Speaking of California, this clip from The Rockford Files illustrates a character type which was actually pretty commonplace when I was a kid in California (60s/70s era).

America really hasn't changed all that much.

Shadow Wolf

Speaking of California, this clip from The Rockford Files illustrates a character type which was actually pretty commonplace when I was a kid in California (60s/70s era).

America really hasn't changed all that much.
Just replace drought with global warming.
All that rain here was nice though. Several times it even was raining hard to enough to register as a good rain in the MidWest.
Unfortunately people are already squandering it away on vanity.