• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I supported the Catholic church this morning. I bought a piece of apricot bread sold by a nun at the farmer's market.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Wow.
Welcome to America, where the police suck so much **** at their job you aren't safe from being raided and murdered over hearsay, sloppy investigations and not even double checking they're at the right place.
Mother **** the pigs.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You are witnessing the birth of the Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread Mark II. Hope you enjoy our new direction.

Shadow Wolf

I supported the Catholic church this morning. I bought a piece of apricot bread sold by a nun at the farmer's market.
Considering what happened last time I went to a Protestant church I wont push invoking Patrick's stubborn Irish grudge upon the world if I do anything to associate with the Catholic church.
You're welcome.:tonguewink:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Wow.
I recall this incident from earlier.
Wait....no....this is a new one, nearly identical to an
earlier one.

Do cops have no quality control?
If going to an address, expecting they might have a
violent encounter, I'd expect that the administration
& all staff would carefully verify & re-verify critical
info....like where the **** they're going to go in with
guns blazing? Yet this scenario is ridiculously common.
Why?
Because with the cop culture of qualified immunity,
they suffer no consequences. Note that the cops'
punishment so far is a paid vacation. A civilian
would be in jail.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Welcome to America, where the police suck so much **** at their job you aren't safe from being raided and murdered over hearsay, sloppy investigations and not even double checking they're at the right place.
Mother **** the pigs.
Why should the bother to double check?
They're likely to get a paid vacation instead of a prison
sentence or civil judgment. After all, these cops are
heroes, saving themselves from the threat posed by a
homeowner with a gun.
BTW, it appears that the cops either didn't announce
themselves as cops, or they did so with such inadequacy
that the family was unaware.
A message should be sent: Cops like these should die
in prison. (Of old age. That's my meaning.) When cops
see their fellows going to prison for life, it will change
their behavior. Oh, civil judgements should apply to
the cops & their unions too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mother **** the pigs.
Here's another new one.
Man apparently having mental health problems is carrying
a knife, but has his arms held out, & appears to be getting
on the ground. Cop shoots to kill.
The mere holding of any weapon is license for the cops to
execute the person. They're far too skittish & trigger happy
to hold a job with such responsibility & risk to others.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Here's another new one.
Man apparently having mental health problems is carrying
a knife, but has his arms held out, & appears to be getting
on the ground. Cop shoots to kill.
The mere holding of any weapon is license for the cops to
execute the person. They're far too skittish & trigger happy
to hold a job with such responsibility & risk to others.

Do you know anything about statistics of knife versus a gun, that is not yet drawn and 20 feet or less.... I'm guessing you don't

and that is all I will say on this matter

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We are creating the Borg.

Surprising things happen when you put 25 AI agents together in an RPG town

Researchers study emergent AI behaviors in a sandbox world inspired by The Sims.​

"Generative agents wake up, cook breakfast, and head to work; artists paint, while authors write; they form opinions, notice each other, and initiate conversations; they remember and reflect on days past as they plan the next day," write the researchers in their paper, "Generative Agents: Interactive Simulacra of Human Behavior."

To pull this off, the researchers relied heavily on a large language model (LLM) for social interaction, specifically the ChatGPT API. In addition, they created an architecture that simulates minds with memories and experiences, then let the agents loose in the world to interact. And humans can interact with them, too.

Emergent behavior​

In the paper, the researchers list three emergent behaviors resulting from the simulation. None of these were pre-programmed but rather resulted from the interactions between the agents.

These included "information diffusion" (agents telling each other information and having it spread socially among the town), "relationship memory" (memory of past interactions between agents and mentioning those earlier events later), and "coordination" (planning and attending a Valentine's Day party together with other agents).

During the Valentine's Day experiment, an AI agent named Isabella Rodriguez planned a Valentine's Day party at "Hobbs Cafe" and invited friends and customers. She decorated the cafe with the help of her friend Maria, who invited her crush Klaus to the party.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Researchers study emergent AI behaviors in a sandbox world inspired by The Sims.​

"Generative agents wake up, cook breakfast, and head to work; artists paint, while authors write; they form opinions, notice each other, and initiate conversations; they remember and reflect on days past as they plan the next day," write the researchers in their paper, "Generative Agents: Interactive Simulacra of Human Behavior."

To pull this off, the researchers relied heavily on a large language model (LLM) for social interaction, specifically the ChatGPT API. In addition, they created an architecture that simulates minds with memories and experiences, then let the agents loose in the world to interact. And humans can interact with them, too.

Emergent behavior​

In the paper, the researchers list three emergent behaviors resulting from the simulation. None of these were pre-programmed but rather resulted from the interactions between the agents.

These included "information diffusion" (agents telling each other information and having it spread socially among the town), "relationship memory" (memory of past interactions between agents and mentioning those earlier events later), and "coordination" (planning and attending a Valentine's Day party together with other agents).

During the Valentine's Day experiment, an AI agent named Isabella Rodriguez planned a Valentine's Day party at "Hobbs Cafe" and invited friends and customers. She decorated the cafe with the help of her friend Maria, who invited her crush Klaus to the party.

We're all doomed.

Shadow Wolf

A message should be sent: Cops like these should die
in prison. (Of old age. That's my meaning.) When cops
see their fellows going to prison for life, it will change
their behavior. Oh, civil judgements should apply to
the cops & their unions too.
I've known people who have been to prison and have worked for them. I would have to reach VERY deep to not keep up the same blind eye treatment for the cops in prison like they give us when we're in prison (they murder us there too and get away with it).

Shadow Wolf

We're all doomed.
God made man in his image.
Why are we surprised? Even with solitary animals communicating things is important, amd AI isn't only made by us it's made in way in which it is likely to conclude mutual cooperation is most beneficial for it's survival even if it could function alone.
Amd because we made this new, emerging life form why wouldn't it have traces its creator?

Shadow Wolf

Emergent behavior​

What Star Trek doesn't tell us it will be geeks, nerds, the nuerodivergent amd other lone wolf introverts who survive the Borg and continue humanity.
This means unless they invade during the Gathering most humans left as humans on this planet are gonna be Jugallos. Autistic people will also make up a large chunk of those who are still human.
But a nation where citizens are called family, Faygo is sprayed instead of bullets, where it's mostly mishandled misfits and outcasts who typically take care of eachother, that wouldn't be a bad thing even if hearing endless shouts of whoop whoop would get really old, really fast.

Shadow Wolf

And truly I don't think I can under emohasize how much learning German is helping me learn Japanese and make better sense of what's going on.
Probably also helps this time around I'm aware of my intellectual prowess. Last time I tried learningI thought I was at best of average intelligence, amd never would have guessed anyone would have said "the smartest person" to describe me in a variety is situations.