• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Its entertaining watching a Chinese woman, who has decided that she can make pizza, actually make pizza. However I am smart enough to not make any comments
So is the scene more like something from Mel Brooks or Steve Martin?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It might be, she has not finished making it yet... but it is what I will say
You could belong to the Pa Taitai Club.
(My uncle-in-law inducted me several decades ago
when he saw that I knew what's what in marriage.)
So you must be pretty smart. How else would you
have spawned an engineer, eh.

To the non-members, it translates as "Fear Wife" Club.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's too late to play that senile card and pretend to forget what trendy means.:tongueclosed:
Let's compare our tendencies to be trendy....

You: Trans-gender.
Me: Cis-gender <-- Not even knowing the term til my late 60s.

You: LARPing.
Me: Running steam engines.

You: Death metal music.
Me: Broadway show tunes....& none of that modern stuff like Hamilton!

You: Fusion cuisine & fancy marinated steaks.
Me: Burgers & Tater Tots.

You: Left Indiana for Californiastan.
Me: Left Ohio for Michiganistan.

You: Fast cars.
Me: Fast asleep.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You could belong to the Pa Taitai Club.
(My uncle-in-law inducted me several decades ago
when he saw that I knew what's what in marriage.)
So you must be pretty smart. How else would you
have spawned an engineer, eh.

To the non-members, it translates as "Fear Wife" Club.

The youngest is looking a Cognitive since and brain studies..... mostly to figure out how good and smart folk end up engineers :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Let's compare our tendencies to be trendy....

It's trendy how you try to dodge that she's correct using novel-like descriptions. :)

Wu Wei

Pizza update...

it was pretty darn good......it was a thick crust pizza, but good.... I had 2 pieces

Shadow Wolf

I didn't know what a cisgender person is either until fairly recently in life.
LARP is a nerd thing. Mainstream society laughs at us for having an imagination.
True story, I made myself get over the fears kf being in public while wearing my custom talking to a black player who played as on ogre who learned the **** it mentality regarding entering a public place in full costume.
Ia also like horrorcore rap. But that's more hated than death metal by society at large, and far more controversial.
And though I don't like showtunes I do like the real classics. Beethoven and Mozart are both metal as ****.
Marinated steaks? I wouldn't do such a blaspheme. And fusion cuisine? I may live in Califirnia but you got to remember I grew up in the boonies so deprived of culture and good things that having a Panda Express now is even a major upgrade.
And moving for a warmer climate was definitely worth it (that's why here and not Washington or New York).
Well, yeah, that's because in California we really do have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't know what a cisgender person is either until fairly recently in life.
You've known of it for a greater percentage of your life.
LARP is a nerd thing. Mainstream society laughs at us for having an imagination.
A modern nerd thing.
Ia also like horrorcore rap. But that's more hated than death metal by society at large, and far more controversial.
All new fangled music....if it can even be called "music".

And though I don't like showtunes I do like the real classics. Beethoven and Mozart are both metal as ****.
You like them as "metal" though.
(Try Stravinsky. He's even more modern.)
Marinated steaks? I wouldn't do such a blaspheme. And fusion cuisine? I may live in Califirnia but you got to remember I grew up in the boonies so deprived of culture and good things that having a Panda Express now is even a major upgrade.

And moving for a warmer climate was definitely worth it (that's why here and not Washington or New York).

Well, yeah, that's because in California we really do have a long way to go and a short time to get there.
Yup, yer a whippersnapper all the way...except for your knees & tummy.

Wu Wei

When I drive that slow, you know it's hard to steer
And I can't get my car out of second gear
What used to take two hours now takes all day
Huh, it took me 16 hours to get to L.A.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That I am not. I can still throw my phone away, quit using it and say I've been most my life without a cell phone. And because social media was introduced to me as a means of getting back in touch with everyone in high school I never took to that because they few people there I didn't want to kill I already had their phone numbers and know where they lived. Add in lots of the internet seems to hate me, finds me an offense living "red flag," thinks I'm a problem and not the solution and the result is I out geezer you.
Or I suppose I could say I miss the days of a phone attached to wall at home and not having a computer and internet more than you.:cool:

I didn't mind the phone attached to the wall, but the ability to actually silence the ringer on a phone (or even unplug it) was a luxury we did not have. Nor did we have the luxury of "screening" calls, since there were no answering machines or caller ID.

Cellphones are definitely a huge convenience. This is especially true when out and about. Many a time I'd try to find a payphone and couldn't find one. But now, payphones have all but disappeared.

I remember when I was out having lunch with my dad, sometime in the early 2000s when cellphones became more and more visible. We saw one of the servers come out on her break and immediately get on her phone. My dad was shaking his head and wondering "What would she be doing if she didn't have a phone?" And it's true, when taking a break in the old days, people might have a cup of coffee or a snack, maybe read the paper or have a cigarette. If they really had to make a call, they might use a company phone with permission - or there might be a payphone. But now, people go straight for their cellphones.

Wu Wei

I'm going to go to Lowes for a dryer vent and Harbor Freight for heavy duty sawhorses

Shadow Wolf

All new fangled music....if it can even be called "music".
About as new as Gary Numan's Cars.
And, yes. It's music. The voice does lead and rhythm. But all I agree if all they do is mumble it's not music.
But good rappers would be be good at reading Shakespeare.
modern nerd thing.
You're my mom's age, which means when LARP was new you were younger than I was when I attended my first game.
You like them as "metal" though.
It's not my fault it's good enough that metal artists would do largely the same thing.
Amd I like it because it's classical music. Like how the scene with Danse Macabre is the best part in Tombstone. If it wasn't for that then well developed, living characters is all that one had going for it.

Shadow Wolf

I didn't mind the phone attached to the wall, but the ability to actually silence the ringer on a phone (or even unplug it) was a luxury we did not have. Nor did we have the luxury of "screening" calls, since there were no answering machines or caller ID.

Cellphones are definitely a huge convenience. This is especially true when out and about. Many a time I'd try to find a payphone and couldn't find one. But now, payphones have all but disappeared.

I remember when I was out having lunch with my dad, sometime in the early 2000s when cellphones became more and more visible. We saw one of the servers come out on her break and immediately get on her phone. My dad was shaking his head and wondering "What would she be doing if she didn't have a phone?" And it's true, when taking a break in the old days, people might have a cup of coffee or a snack, maybe read the paper or have a cigarette. If they really had to make a call, they might use a company phone with permission - or there might be a payphone. But now, people go straight for their cellphones.
Smoking was the most popular break activy where I was, but that was also Indiana there it's not unusual for an entire crew to have only onw or two non-smokers. Probably also because Indiana legally doesn't require breaks, but managers know their smokers need a smoke so they give smoke breaks and tend to ignore giving breaks to nonsmokers.

Shadow Wolf

What I've found to be mostly true with those who are young, they are hit n miss on if they know Metallica amd generally do not know Pantera.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
About as new as Gary Numan's Cars.
Who?
Must be too recent for me to know.
You're my mom's age, which means when LARP was new you were younger than I was when I attended my first game.
Too new for me to knew know of.
It's not my fault it's good enough that metal artists would do largely the same thing.
Amd I like it because it's classical music. Like how the scene with Danse Macabre is the best part in Tombstone. If it wasn't for that then well developed, living characters is all that one had going for it.
Tombstone seemed a stupid movie to me.