• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I hate how messed up my shoulder is. But not surprising it ultimately began by getting a nasty, nasty bug while doing something I found I actually like doing. That's how my life goes. And now everybody is telling me to apply for disabilities.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nice lunch.

05a7ee217bb5.jpg

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Well, now I don't feel sorry for the birds who have their bird seed stolen from the feeder by the squirrels. Those birds are piggies.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Birds eat about 1/4 to 1/2 thier body weight every day..... so eating like a bird, based on a 100 pound person, would mean 25 to 50 pounds of food a day

25 pounds would be 100 quarter-pounders. It's hard enough just to get through one of those.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Birds eat about 1/4 to 1/2 thier body weight every day..... so eating like a bird, based on a 100 pound person, would mean 25 to 50 pounds of food a day
Another view is to use the meaning of the phrase...
...which is based upon the idea of a bird being small,
& therefore eating less in absolute quantity than a
large French mammal. (I assume she's a mammal.)
Silly bear....
Learn about idioms.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Comparing the physical demands that birds perform with those of homo sapiens demonstrates they evolved to be physically superior. It gets harder and harder for me to get up from a chair while those avians lift themselves into the air all their lives.....I'm going to try some birdseed.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Another view is to use the meaning of the phrase...
...which is based upon the idea of a bird being small,
& therefore eating less in absolute quantity than a
large French mammal. (I assume she's a mammal.)
Silly bear....
Learn about idioms.

I don't give a hoot about another view or semantics or definitions to make your statement anything but silly.... I will go with SCIENCE you troglodyte.... now

Here's an idiom for ya...... talking to you is like
对牛弹琴
Duì niú tán qín