• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
But what if I yell..... do you understand now...... :D
洋鬼子
No, as I assume that's Chinese and I only recignize maybe a handful of Kanji, strictly kunyomi, making it a double no for me as I definitely wouldn't know the onyomi for them.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
No, as I assume that's Chinese and I only recignize maybe a handful of Kanji, strictly kunyomi, making it a double no for me as I definitely wouldn't know the onyomi for them.

Do I need to yell louder for you to understand :D

Shadow Wolf

Is it just me, or is the world becoming more and more Machiavellian of late
It's you. To quote whoever it was of whatever rank who stood victorious at the Nerumberg trials, had the Allies lost it would have been them getting hanged. The proxy wars and Containment policy of the Cold War, Pol Pot, Iran Contra, MKUltra, Putin's overall reign, Xi's continued consolidation of power, Reagonomics, Iran's Islamic Revolution, the Taliban, I just see the gears of history turning as they largely have. We have more protections and securities than in time's past, but the winner still decides what's right while everybody else is condemned for being just as cuthroat and ruthless. Afterall, the CIA does have a history of creating America's worst enemies.

Wu Wei

It's you. To quote whoever it was of whatever rank who stood victorious at the Nerumberg trials, had the Allies lost it would have been them getting hanged. The proxy wars and Containment policy of the Cold War, Pol Pot, Iran Contra, MKUltra, Putin's overall reign, Xi's continued consolidation of power, Reagonomics, Iran's Islamic Revolution, the Taliban, I just see the gears of history turning as they largely have. We have more protections and securities than in time's past, but the winner still decides what's right while everybody else is condemned for being just as cuthroat and ruthless. Afterall, the CIA does have a history of creating America's worst enemies.

So more Machiavellian then

Wu Wei

Wouldn't matter. I still won't understand till I've studied Kanji to some depth. Unless you're stashing away some of the Babel Fish, that is.

Knowing Kanji may not help, some of the character in Japanese mean something different than they do in Chinese

洋鬼子
Yángguǐzi
I believe in the Japanese is
外国の悪魔
Gaikoku no akuma

Shadow Wolf

Knowing Kanji may not help, some of the character in Japanese mean something different than they do in Chinese
That's the pain of it I keep hearing. One symbol in one country using both the Chinese ams the Japanese meanings.
But that just means it has something in common with English. Live. Live. Which one's which? I don't know, you tell me.

Shadow Wolf

So more Machiavellian then
When was it less? Even before the guy was born the general ideas and concepts were utilized by certain types. Mostly those who were ill for one reason or another (against my normal judgements and character I do assume Vlad Dracul III probably had PTSD). Popes and kings have long been plagued with Machiavellian principles, amd for the past few decades or so Roger Stone has been lying and cheating with no regards to the consequences or care of what those with a functioning moral compass think of him.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it just me, or is the world becoming more and more Machiavellian of late

I first got him mixed up with:

1681839967702.png

That may be part of the problem, with all these perfumes and colognes and underarm deodorants. The chemicals are causing brain damage.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
When was it less? Even before the guy was born the general ideas and concepts were utilized by certain types. Mostly those who were ill for one reason or another (against my normal judgements and character I do assume Vlad Dracul III probably had PTSD). Popes and kings have long been plagued with Machiavellian principles, amd for the past few decades or so Roger Stone has been lying and cheating with no regards to the consequences or care of what those with a functioning moral compass think of him.
Naive as it may sound, when I was a boy, SCOTUS was a trusted entity. They were trusted to be true to interpreting the Constitution and to apply those interpretations to cases......Today, some Justices are seen as deceptive.