• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
But they do still like sailing your yacht.
619e4d0bfdf1b415a98dcdaf669eb869.jpg

But of course

Wu Wei

My office is becoming more and more private corporation. As us state dinosaurs retire, they do not replace us, the corporation, which is 50% of my department, just hires folks.... it is not a great atmosphere to work in...and now.... I think they may be working at trying me to sit here all day with a phone strapped to my head answering help desk calls and doing remote support.... that is only multiple steps and multiple years backwards for me...... transfer may be in my future

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My office is becoming more and more private corporation. As us state dinosaurs retire, they do not replace us, the corporation, which is 50% of my department, just hires folks.... it is not a great atmosphere to work in...and now.... I think they may be working at trying me to sit here all day with a phone strapped to my head answering help desk calls and doing remote support.... that is only multiple steps and multiple years backwards for me...... transfer may be in my future

Maybe real legal idiocy will cheer you up. Here's the first batch:
  • In Pennsylvania, It’s Illegal To Tie A Dollar Bill To A String And Pull It Away When Someone Tries To Pick It Up
  • In Alabama, It's Illegal To Have An Ice Cream Cone In Your Back Pocket
  • In California, Nobody Is Allowed To Ride A Bicycle In A Swimming Pool
  • In Kentucky, It’s Illegal To Lick A Toad
  • In Delaware, It's Illegal To Consume Perfume
  • In Missouri, It’s Illegal To Deface A Milk Carton

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
  • In Pennsylvania, It’s Illegal To Tie A Dollar Bill To A String And Pull It Away When Someone Tries To Pick It Up
I posted it earlier, but it bears repeating....
MI just repealed a law preventing couples living in sin.
It wasn't enforced. But the IRS used it to deny couples
tax deductions. **** the fed.

Wu Wei

Yeah, I remember reading those before. They have been around a long time

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I found a chair that has arm rests at the right height for my shoulder. It'd be uncomfortable to nap in, but I might because lying down flat on my back has been the only way to painlessly relax those muscles.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I found a chair that has arm rests at the right height for my shoulder. It'd be uncomfortable to nap in, but I might because lying down flat on my back has been the only way to painlessly relax those muscles.
A proper chair is both a necessity & one of life's great pleasures.

Shadow Wolf

A proper chair is both a necessity & one of life's great pleasures.
I'm usually ok with sitting on the floor, crates, whatevers there. But this chair, a very uncomfortable gaming chair that's my nephew's, has made my shoulder happy. Which is great for me because damn near everything and anything has been irritating it, infuriating it, and making it just plain ol pissed off (it reminds me of my bad knee after the first injury to it, but worse).

Shadow Wolf

Some of the reasons why:

1682625389256.png
The last job coach I had sent me a job, basically doing what a medical assistant does but only paying minimum wage. My reply to her if my shoulder wasn't messed up I'd rather go make pizza dough at the pizza joint hiring for that. I feel any sane or rational person would have said the same.
That looks like one of the Speedways where I used to live.

Shadow Wolf

not yet, But I do know the month and year
I don't know. Depending on how this shoulder thing turns out you may have to keep working to support me. I've got a few more months at least for things to worsen on me. And this isn't a frustrated thought I might as well just give up because I'm already considered disabled. This is serious kaput level stuff going on.

Wu Wei

I don't know. Depending on how this shoulder thing turns out you may have to keep working to support me. I've got a few more months at least for things to worsen on me. And this isn't a frustrated thought I might as well just give up because I'm already considered disabled. This is serious kaput level stuff going on.

Nope, yer on your own

Wu Wei

I once had a epiphany
So very bright and clear
A way to go
A path to follow
I didn’t due to fear

Shadow Wolf

Nope, yer on your own
I don't know. Teaching English somewhere does get me out of a country dancing with fascism. I have to touch up on German and the mechanics of English and learn more Japanese, get a few things here taken care of, amd then you'll be on your own.
And I'll definitely at least go to Japan. I haven't met many Japanese so it'd be something good for me. I've known enough Germans to be aware of how very highly finicky things can be and things that are free here that aren't there. But being direct and blunt in communication is a big help for me, and it's nice that I don't have to wonder much what they really think.