• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One of my favorites was an issue between teh State of NY, Dell and Adobe. Dell agreed with the state of NY that the issue was Adobe. Adobe resolution...."we don't care, if you don't like it use another product". Adobe knowing full week there was no other product

Well. HP fixed the problem but the problem with the warranty persists. But at least I have a case# and a decent phone# so I can get back on Rosinante and have another go at that ****ing corporate windmill.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

What is the origin of pluviophile?​

Pluviophile is partly based on pluvia, one of two Latin words for “rain”; the other, imber, appears in the Word of the Day ignimbrite. The -phile element comes from Ancient Greek -philos, meaning “dear, beloved.” Pluviophile was first recorded in English in the early 1990s. Pluviophile is one of the recent additions to Dictionary.com.

EXAMPLE OF PLUVIOPHILE USED IN A SENTENCE
Despite their earlier complaints about rainy weather, many locals had become pluviophiles following the long drought.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

What is the origin of pluviophile?​

Pluviophile is partly based on pluvia, one of two Latin words for “rain”; the other, imber, appears in the Word of the Day ignimbrite. The -phile element comes from Ancient Greek -philos, meaning “dear, beloved.” Pluviophile was first recorded in English in the early 1990s. Pluviophile is one of the recent additions to Dictionary.com.

EXAMPLE OF PLUVIOPHILE USED IN A SENTENCE
Despite their earlier complaints about rainy weather, many locals had become pluviophiles following the long drought.

Hmmm...who knew..... I'm kind of a pluviophile

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Non Sequitur Comic Strip for April 26, 2023

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm concerned.... Mrs Wu made pizza again today, this is the third time in less than a month, and she went to an Italian restaurant and bought a lot of Italian food..... I'm concerned that she is identifying as Italian

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm concerned.... Mrs Wu made pizza again today, this is the third time in less than a month, and she went to an Italian restaurant and bought a lot of Italian food..... I'm concerned that she is identifying as Italian
Will your moniker change to Luigi?