• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Perhaps a generational thing.
What I've seen of South Park,
it's unimaginative & unfunny.
It substitutes shock value for
clever writing.
My best friends parents love the show (they're around your age), so it's not really generation.
All About Mormons is truly a classic. It rips hardcore on the story of Joseph Smith, but the moral of the story is if you can't get over someone's religion then suck my balls and grow the **** up.
There's also the episode about Scientology, and of course their own story is a sci-fi turned comedy on its own merit, but it's also one of the funniest things to see Tom Cruise locking himself in a closet (because the alleged reincarnation of L Ron Hubbard doesn't like his movies) amd R Kelley doing his song Trapped in the Closet to that situation.
And it's been sayint it's OK to be gay since the mid-90s. Amd it called out that argument that defines a woman by her ability to reproduce.
And it makes fun of Hippy Liberal Douche and White Trash Conservative Redneck.

Shadow Wolf

Well, ok. My best friend, her dad is also a Jugallo. His favorite song is Bazooka Joey. I tried to get my mom to listen to that one because she's always talking about shooting people with a bazooka. But no, for some reason it's ok to say it but you shouldn't sing about it.o_O

Shadow Wolf

Well, this **** poor excuse of a dictionary doesn't have an English entry to give you the Japanese words for massage, nomad or blind/blindness.
It's more frustrating than reading Richard Dawkins (and he claims Kant and Paine were atheists).

Shadow Wolf

Just like sensationalist news
Way back when Thomas Jefferson ran for president, many thought he was too smart, too well read, too philosophical and too much of a Frenchophile to be President. They even tried to say he started the French Revolution.
A few centuries before that, and I've never understood why, but the Germans of the time had this nifty new printing press thingy and for whatever reasom, I just don't know, they made Vlad Dracul III one of the first Western victims of tabloid journalism whem they greatly over exaggerated his deeds of harrowing cruelty. They didn't need to, because the truth of Vlad's methods was so horrrifying it actually managed to break the morale of invading Turks who turned around and fled for their lives. But they did anyways, even though all they needed was to print the fact he perfected his technique of impalement so the stake would avoid piercing any major organs and thus draw out the suffering and dying which would then take days.
And then there's those Romans. Amd they were prone to not being able to tell mainland Celtic tribes from Germanic tribes, and had their sensationalism there amd against Christians.
People just haven't chnaged that much in this regard. It was, of course, more understandable than before modern medicine and law and protections to not think to hard over it and just heed the warnings, but today people don't have an excuse.

Shadow Wolf

I'm 19th in the Library's queu for Cocaine Bear. I was 45th when I placed the hold so hopefully I'll get to watch it in a couple weeks. And, because it's how my luck goes, it will be after the clouds are gone and the temperature back up and I'll have to wear my cloak so I don't burn and roast.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Gingerist!

YUP...And DARN PROUD OF IT TOO!!!

Eqg7hWdVQAAE_WD.jpg

Wu Wei

Anti-ginger. Like your attempts to enslave me and call it being your sidekick.
But you know, @Wu Wei nearly whirled up a dust storm spinning around before he Tornado Punched one of your minion's head off. He then started screaming WOOOO like a mad man as he put on a very large, studded dog collar with a chain on it amd started clobbering more of your minions with it.

Really...what color IS the sky in your world?

You might want to cut back on the left coast California pink tofu

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Really...what color IS the sky in your world?

You might want to cut back on the left coast California pink tofu

Life and the sky is a rainbow and the pot of gold at the end of course is in California. I know some who are not that fortunate like to bad mouth us but I know it's jealousy and envy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Life and the sky is a rainbow and the pot of gold at the end of course is in California. I know some who are not that fortunate like to bad mouth us but I know it's jealousy and envy.
Who'd want to live in such a pricey, firey, earthquakie,
floodie, droughtie, Kardashian filled state that's so far
from all the fun to be had in the eastern half?

Since I'm not fabulously wealthy, I could never afford
in CA what I have & enjoy in MI. CA life is small.

Wu Wei

There are parts of California I like, I just can't afford to live there. A house have the size of mine cost 2.5 to 3 times as much

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are parts of California I like, I just can't afford to live there. A house have the size of mine cost 2.5 to 3 times as much
The trick is to have bought there long ago
when prices were lower, & your real estate
taxes stay low. Fido is one privileged hound.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are cheaper albeit rural places.

But with the economic reshuffling I'll bet housing prices start equalizing (sooner or later)

Shadow Wolf

Who'd want to live in such a pricey, firey, earthquakie,
floodie, droughtie, Kardashian filled state that's so far
from all the fun to be had in the eastern half?

Since I'm not fabulously wealthy, I could never afford
in CA what I have & enjoy in MI. CA life is small.
It's way better here than it is in ****iana. Like how here we actually get to vote on things. Indiana you basically vote for Republicans or waist your time and any money involved, which was increased when they closed down a ton of polling places and forced many to have to travel. That's why I didn't evem vote in 2014 because it would have been about a 20 miles drive there, a long line to wait in, and a 20 mile drive back and I had school that day.
And no winter is great.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are cheaper albeit rural places.

But with the economic reshuffling I'll bet housing prices start equalizing (sooner or later)
I just checked zillow. Our home has dropped 150-200k since the peak but is way above 2014-2015.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's way better here than it is in ****iana. Like how here we actually get to vote on things. Indiana you basically vote for Republicans or waist your time and any money involved, which was increased when they closed down a ton of polling places and forced many to have to travel. That's why I didn't evem vote in 2014 because it would have been about a 20 miles drive there, a long line to wait in, and a 20 mile drive back and I had school that day.
And no winter is great.
Even Indiana is better than CA.
In the former, I could afford a nice spread in a verdant landscape.
In the latter....well, I'd never find anything nice that's affordable.
And Indiana is much more convenient to the east coast & inbetween.