• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I had this book from the library, when I first checked it out I began to realize it was too far ahead of me because I couldn't read thw educational part. But I realized today, having to take it back late because it didn't auto renew, I'm now actually able to read it, especially as it has Furigana and lots of explanation of what's being said and going on.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This cheered me up no end

345216100_611199417730762_2196362269867368699_n.jpg

Shadow Wolf

The dictionary that lacks terms for Go and geeks amd offers no way to describe a nomadic massuer actually ranks very high on Amazon.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Bakersfield is all over the place. About what I'd pay in Indiana all he way up to a gated community of mansions. But compared to Indiana despite the slant towards more expensive I still had more in my my pocket by making more than I ever have before.

He lives near Bakersfield, but not in, because Bakersfield was to expensive....

Shadow Wolf

He lives near Bakersfield, but not in, because Bakersfield was to expensive....
Near but not in, it's dumb how it works there. That technically applied to me, but everybody just calls it all Bakersfield despite it being this amd that and lots of it in difficult to make out boundries of towns that have been annexed by Bakersfield.
But the towns around it, they all seemed either really poor or MidWesternish.

Shadow Wolf

Well, being poor, broke and broken I'll be getting around to getting a California phone number. It was an ultra low priority when I first moved here, and then covid hit, and overall things where good enough I never really thought of it. And now things aren't so I've thought a lot about it a lot and a free phone it is.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Near but not in, it's dumb how it works there. That technically applied to me, but everybody just calls it all Bakersfield despite it being this amd that and lots of it in difficult to make out boundries of towns that have been annexed by Bakersfield.
But the towns around it, they all seemed either really poor or MidWesternish.

Reminds me of a friend who moved to a house in Italy. Literally just outside the town, the sign for the town was a couple of feet past her property

She wanted to install a swimming pool but the laws and regulations are different for inside a town boundary and outside. Much stricter outside having to be at least so far from the road that she couldn't install it without special permission from the government (not the local council) and also out of sight of the road (either behind the property or with a 6 ft fence around it).

There are no such restrictions if your property is within a town boundary.

She went to see the local mayor to see exactly what she needed to do. The mayor said "just leave it with me for a day or two"

Dreading the italian day which often lasts several months or years in these situations she returned home resigned to the fact that a swimming pool was not to be in the near future.

Thw next day 2 workmen appeared, dug up the boundery sign and repositioned it at the other side of her property.

Shadow Wolf

Right now I'm too depressed to want to sleep. When I wake up I'm too depressed to want to wake up. But lying in bed all day hurts. And then I don't eat or drink much amd get really.bad headaches and feel terrible. This sucks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, being poor, broke and broken I'll be getting around to getting a California phone number. It was an ultra low priority when I first moved here, and then covid hit, and overall things where good enough I never really thought of it. And now things aren't so I've thought a lot about it a lot and a free phone it is.
Are they still giving out Obamaphones?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Did something this morning I hav e not done in a long time...sat down and enjoyed some cheese.....Swiss and kinda sorta Swiss...lacie lorraine