• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well.... things are not good..... but it would not be my first time at this rodeo.... but I am much older this time..... but much closer to retirement...... which is one of the things making me a little more nervous.....oh and the silent treatment too (whoopy doopy).......c'est la vie

More like c'est la guerre it sounds like.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I found this part interesting:

Coldiretti, Italy’s biggest farmers association, said that these higher retail prices had not translated into higher revenues for farmers of durum wheat, who were struggling to meet their own costs.

The price of durum wheat — a type of wheat popular among Italian pasta-makers — has fallen 30% since May 2022. Making pasta only requires mixing water with the wheat, the group said, giving “little justification” for the huge increase in retail prices.

The farmers group added that, despite the price of durum wheat being fairly uniform across Italy — at about €0.36 cents (39 cents) per kilogram — the retail price of pasta varied widely in different regions.

According to an Assoutenti analysis, commissioned by the government and published in April, the average price of a one kilogram box of Barilla spaghetti, rigatoni and or penne pasta — staples in many Italians’ cupboards — rose from €1.70 ($1.86) to €2.13 ($2.33) in the year to March, an increase of more than 25%.

But price rises fluctuated widely between regions, with the province of Siena in Tuscany notching an increase of more than 58%, while Alessandria, in Italy’s northwest, only saw a rise of 4.6%.

Family-owned Barilla, based in Parma, is the world’s biggest pasta maker, according to Reuters. It did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

Assoutenti, along with Urso, have suggested that prices may have been inflated artificially to boost profits, with the fallout from the war in Ukraine used as a cover. They haven’t blamed specific companies.

Ivana Calò, spokesperson for Unione Italiana Food, which represents food producers, told CNN that the price of pasta on shelves is greatly influenced by the price of energy, packaging and logistics. These inputs, Calò said, have all increased in price, though she did not specify over what time period.

mama-mia-thats-a-spicy-meatball.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I had another dream in Japanese. That was the normal dream.
The weird dream was I had god locked in my basement. There was layers of psychological things going on, but, yeah, god was chained up and locked up in my basement, and I've never actually had a basement.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes, there are events which occur which seem symbolic for their age. I've heard some people talk about the decline of Western Civilization, comparing it to the fall of other empires in the past. But if our civilization ever dies, stories like this will be emblematic of the circumstances of how our demise will go:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had another dream in Japanese. That was the normal dream.
The weird dream was I had god locked in my basement. There was layers of psychological things going on, but, yeah, god was chained up and locked up in my basement, and I've never actually had a basement.

Putting on my psychologist hat, a house can have great symbolic meaning. I don't go along with all of Jung's ideas based on an exploration of my own "house" in a psych session a long time ago. So from my perspective, you do have a house/home of yourself which contains a basement. A number of years ago I described another exploration of my "basement"

II. The Basement

Walking carefully down the narrow stairs and low ceiling,
we enter the dimly lit basement.

On the left,
we see a bed of scorpions in the room's center.
Broken open hard shells
are scattered around the floor.

On the right, there's an alcove in the hall.
Placed there is a statue of a boy
with a deformed face,
fingers tearing at his flesh,
huddled in a heap on the floor.

The boy does not notice a shadowy figure
with sheltering arms
on the alcove's walls.

Be careful---
Just ahead is a hole in the floor leading down, out of sight.
Let's drop some rose petals down the shaft and return upstairs.

Nearing the stairs,
we notice in a dark corner a powerfully muscular man,
made from living mud,
hunched over,
frozen half-way to standing.

Shadow Wolf

Putting on my psychologist hat, a house can have great symbolic meaning. I don't go along with all of Jung's ideas based on an exploration of my own "house" in a psych session a long time ago. So from my perspective, you do have a house/home of yourself which contains a basement. A number of years ago I described another exploration of my "basement"

II. The Basement

Walking carefully down the narrow stairs and low ceiling,
we enter the dimly lit basement.

On the left,
we see a bed of scorpions in the room's center.
Broken open hard shells
are scattered around the floor.

On the right, there's an alcove in the hall.
Placed there is a statue of a boy
with a deformed face,
fingers tearing at his flesh,
huddled in a heap on the floor.

The boy does not notice a shadowy figure
with sheltering arms
on the alcove's walls.

Be careful---
Just ahead is a hole in the floor leading down, out of sight.
Let's drop some rose petals down the shaft and return upstairs.

Nearing the stairs,
we notice in a dark corner a powerfully muscular man,
made from living mud,
hunched over,
frozen half-way to standing.
I think the basement was just because that's where people typically get locked out. It's the interactions and abusive things done that reveal a highly frustrated and angry mind.

Shadow Wolf

Gyoro and ururun are also missing from my dictionary. Somehow this dictionary manages to pull a 4.8 on Amazon.

Shadow Wolf

This covid commercial starts like a Disney sing a long then gets to a song that sounds like a bad immitation of Daft Punk.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The NY Post is just a bit better than the National Enquirer but I like the headline in any event.
Well, if'n ya don't like the source, it must be false.
I tried to find an alternate article, but the
Communist Workers Daily dint cover this.