• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Putting on my psychologist hat, a house can have great symbolic meaning. I don't go along with all of Jung's ideas based on an exploration of my own "house" in a psych session a long time ago. So from my perspective, you do have a house/home of yourself which contains a basement. A number of years ago I described another exploration of my "basement"

II. The Basement

Walking carefully down the narrow stairs and low ceiling,
we enter the dimly lit basement.

On the left,
we see a bed of scorpions in the room's center.
Broken open hard shells
are scattered around the floor.

On the right, there's an alcove in the hall.
Placed there is a statue of a boy
with a deformed face,
fingers tearing at his flesh,
huddled in a heap on the floor.

The boy does not notice a shadowy figure
with sheltering arms
on the alcove's walls.

Be careful---
Just ahead is a hole in the floor leading down, out of sight.
Let's drop some rose petals down the shaft and return upstairs.

Nearing the stairs,
we notice in a dark corner a powerfully muscular man,
made from living mud,
hunched over,
frozen half-way to standing.

Hmmm...aaaa..yeah....umm have you ever considered seeing a psychologist

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hmmm...aaaa..yeah....umm have you ever considered seeing a psychologist

The rest of the place is much less dark but still odd from a certain perspective as I am. For example:

We're beckoned by the Hall of Beauty:
A crystal table has a spray of artfully arranged roses
climbing and winding around the legs onto the table
forming a living bouquet.

The walls are covered by magnificent tapestries:
- showers of spring rain,
- butterflies sipping golden nectar,
- an exaltation of larks flying sunward,
- castles of delight,
- and cool forests reaching for the stars.

The room's corners contain living statues of nature's kingdoms.
- Robins - dance with dolphins.
- Elephants - wear crowns of lilacs.
- Bees carry gems back to their hive.

Wu Wei

You know...they way things are starting to look....this presidential election could be the first in US history where 2 sex offenders compete for president

Wu Wei

The rest of the place is much less dark but still odd from a certain perspective as I am. For example:

We're beckoned by the Hall of Beauty:
A crystal table has a spray of artfully arranged roses
climbing and winding around the legs onto the table
forming a living bouquet.

The walls are covered by magnificent tapestries:
- showers of spring rain,
- butterflies sipping golden nectar,
- an exaltation of larks flying sunward,
- castles of delight,
- and cool forests reaching for the stars.

The room's corners contain living statues of nature's kingdoms.
- Robins - dance with dolphins.
- Elephants - wear crowns of lilacs.
- Bees carry gems back to their hive.
Yeah....I'm still thinking you should seek professional help

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Don't let'm out.
He's caused enuf trouble already.
This particular dream took many, many years of mistreatment. It wouldn't have happened if things went well for me.
It's issues that would probably drive Freud to the looney bin where he belonged.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah....I'm still thinking you should seek professional help

Sometimes professional help has 4 legs and a tail

wholesome-memes-hurtingsouls-108-645bac8df0285__700.jpg

Wu Wei

Landscapers..... I've called 4...... 1 showed up and quoted me $10,000..... $4000 of that was removing 1 giant arborvitae and replacing it with 3 small ones...... so...no...not going to get the job...... 2 others didn't even show up and the 4th is supposed to show up next Friday.... so far it looks like I will be doing much of it myself

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Landscapers..... I've called 4...... 1 showed up and quoted me $10,000..... $4000 of that was removing 1 giant arborvitae and replacing it with 3 small ones...... so...no...not going to get the job...... 2 others didn't even show up and the 4th is supposed to show up next Friday.... so far it looks like I will be doing much of it myself
For $10,000? For about $2000 you can buy a limbsaw hydraulic chainsaw that attaches to your tractor. For $4000 you can buy a rotating tree sheer attachment for your bobcat which both chops the tree and directs its fall! For $5000 you can get a PTO powered stump grinder and go into business grinding stumps. For free you could just leave the arborvitae where it is.

Wu Wei

For $10,000? For about $2000 you can buy a limbsaw hydraulic chainsaw that attaches to your tractor. For $4000 you can buy a rotating tree sheer attachment for your bobcat which both chops the tree and directs its fall! For $5000 you can get a PTO powered stump grinder and go into business grinding stumps. For free you could just leave the arborvitae where it is.

I'd leave the Arborvitae there, Giant Arborvitae actually, but the last ice storm in March smashed 3 of them up good, and there is no recovery. But the guy who gave me that quote will not be doing any work for me.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Those are evil. Or what I'm thinking of. Those things can mulch a tree as it falls.
This is not that. This is much less expensive than what you are thinking of, and it merely snips the base of the tree and controls the direction of the fall -- provided your tractor is heavy enough to control it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For $100 you can buy a decent shovel & pruning saw.