• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
New term: 'Neurobliminally'

Used in a sentence: "I was watching TV and neurobliminally eating popcorn. I don't remember the taste or the experience of eating."

Definition: 1. About or of bliminal thinking 2. to think bliminal thoughts 3. to think or to act bliminally 4. having or being of neurotic bliminal character

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
New term: 'Neurobliminally'

Used in a sentence: "I was watching TV and neurobliminally eating popcorn. I don't remember the taste or the experience of eating."

Definition: 1. About or of bliminal thinking 2. to think bliminal thoughts 3. to think or to act bliminally 4. having or being of neurotic bliminal character
Spot on, Alistair......!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just transplanted 7 redbud seedlings into pots.
They sprouted uninvited in me garden.
But this pleases me.
I'll plant them out in the more distant grounds this fall.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
AI might have solved the problem of my wife's computer not going to sleep. One advice was to run a powershell command which returned the printer. Of course I'm going to unplug the USB cable and see if that's it. If so, I bug the manufacturer on Monday.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
AI might have solved the problem of my wife's computer not going to sleep. One advice was to run a powershell command which returned the printer. Of course I'm going to unplug the USB cable and see if that's it. If so, I bug the manufacturer on Monday.
Bottom left of screen type power
go to power settings
click advanced power settings
Choose what closing the lid does
there should be 3 settings there including sleep settings

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Bottom left of screen type power
go to power settings
click advanced power settings
Choose what closing the lid does
there should be 3 settings there including sleep settings
It's a desktop not a laptop.
Sleep is set properly
Hibernate is turned off.
powercfg /requests shows "none" for all categories
The power troubleshooter finds nothing.
And I've done more than that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So, I learned today Duolingo doesn't know the difference between British and English, and for Japanese, for the word アイスクリ-ム, the word for ice cream, it left out the クリ-ム.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So, I learned today Duolingo doesn't know the difference between British and English, and for Japanese, for the word アイスクリ-ム, the word for ice cream, it left out the クリ-ム.
You mean "British English" and "American English" (Indian English and Scots English are different.

Shadow Wolf

Tomorrow I finish katana lessons.
Next day I move on to Kanji and grammar.
みなさん is absent from my dictionary. I was honestly surprised to find it had アイスクリ-ム to look that up find out which source is wrong.

Shadow Wolf

You mean "British English" and "American English" (Indian English and Scots English are different.
Well, I was actually wrong. Like crow and raven (カラス), foot and leg (あし), Japanese seems to not discern the difference between English and British. Don't tell tje Scots. And for the sake of all things good don't tell the Welsh.

Shadow Wolf

I've poked a bit at Russian and Spanish, learned a deal of German, moving along with Japanese and have mastered English.
German is by far, no contest, no question, no doubt, vastly superior to the rest. Sound the word out and you actually can spell it, rigid consistency, adjective endings that can help reduce finicky punctuation and what seems to be a reluctance to have polysemous words. Other languages can learn a few things from it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a desktop not a laptop.
Sleep is set properly
Hibernate is turned off.
powercfg /requests shows "none" for all categories
The power troubleshooter finds nothing.
And I've done more than that.
Have you tried greasing the gears?
Are the oil cups full & open?
Do you get a hot spark at the ignitor?