• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Excerpted...
In 2019, the top 1%, or taxpayers with an AGI of $546,434, paid $612 billion
in income taxes, and paid 38.8% of all federal income taxes.
To contrast, the bottom 90% paid $461 billion in income taxes.1
Id say that's pretty problematic when 1% has so much more money they pay more dollars (but a lower percentage) than 90% of everybody else.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Here's a photograph of Marco Polo in the court of Kublai Khan:

MV5BMjhjMjYxMDctYTFlYS00OTVkLWIzZTctMWI0OGZlNzQ5ZTY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzAwOTU1MTk@._V1_FMjpg_UX2...jpg

Shadow Wolf

I know of two movies, both score low on IMBD and Rotten Tomato. But the movie with severe continuity issues, bad special effects, things on screen you're not supposed to say and lots of bad acting scores higher than the movie that's just not that good, but it does have a much better production quality and lack of embarrassingly obvious blunders that should never happen in a movie.

Shadow Wolf

I've been trying to work a story for putting @Wu Wei in at the @Revoltingest Compound with the wrestling references, going into things of the 2000s when some friends and myself were doing that, but we had a thing going on that was so weird I've not been able to free style that story without it sounding of an entirely looney loon nature in a bad way. Face paint, spray paint, crude taunts and gestures, barbed wire, fire, tables, ladders, chairs, smiley faces and deliberately bad rapping, wicked clowns, high flying craziness, and the zaniness of some people loving the gimmicks and entertainment they bring while others hate it (and get stiff) just because of what the gimmicks are based on.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been trying to work a story for putting @Wu Wei in at the @Revoltingest Compound with the wrestling references, going into things of the 2000s when some friends and myself I were doing that, but we had a thing going on that was so weird I've not been able to free style that story without it sounding of an entirely looney loon nature in a bad way. Face paint, spray paint, crude taunts and gestures, barbed wire, fire, tables, ladders, chairs, smiley faces and deliberately bad rapping, wicked clowns, high flying craziness, and the zaniness of some people loving the gimmicks and entertainment they bring while others hate it (and get stiff) just because of what the gimmicks are based on.
Fixed your case.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've been trying to work a story for putting @Wu Wei in at the @Revoltingest Compound with the wrestling references, going into things of the 2000s when some friends and myself were doing that, but we had a thing going on that was so weird I've not been able to free style that story without it sounding of an entirely looney loon nature in a bad way. Face paint, spray paint, crude taunts and gestures, barbed wire, fire, tables, ladders, chairs, smiley faces and deliberately bad rapping, wicked clowns, high flying craziness, and the zaniness of some people loving the gimmicks and entertainment they bring while others hate it (and get stiff) just because of what the gimmicks are based on.

1) Interesting
2) you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands
3) seek professional help

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The lower percentage is largely due to payroll taxes.
I favor reforming that disincentive to working.
The lower percentage is largely due to special tax breaks that benefit the rich along with being able to afford fancy accountants to take advantage of all the special tax loopholes benefiting the very rich.

I'm in favor of a gross receipts tax for businesses, corporations and individuals. No deductions for ANYTHING. The government, IRS, would be cut way way back, a horde of accountants and lawyers could look for something productive to do and people would not have an annual headache. Businesses could focus not on avoiding taxes with offshore and other gimmicks but on actually making money by providing goods and services.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The lower percentage is largely due to special tax breaks that benefit the rich along with being able to afford fancy accountants to take advantage of all the special tax loopholes benefiting the very rich.
"Fancy accountants"....now there is cogent analysis of the problem.
I'm in favor of a gross receipts tax for businesses, corporations and individuals. No deductions for ANYTHING. The government, IRS, would be cut way way back, a horde of accountants and lawyers could look for something productive to do and people would not have an annual headache. Businesses could focus not on avoiding taxes with offshore and other gimmicks but on actually making money by providing goods and services.
Beware unintended consequences of a glibly proffered change.
The incentive to rid business of workers would increase greatly.

Shadow Wolf

1) Interesting
2) you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands
3) seek professional help
I keep saying those I associate with make me look sane amd normal. They do things even I am too scared to do, like arguing with a cop.
And I've sought help. Nearly all of them need help, like the one who asked me what makes the only person in the world meditation doesn't do anything for (all medical people at all levels should just knkw there's no 100% effective treatment), one who kept telling me the bs, so-called "law" of attraction is real, one diagnosed me as psychotic and another as a hormonal *****, and one actually downplayed why I was there.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I keep saying those I associate with make me look sane amd normal. They do things even I am too scared to do, like arguing with a cop.
And I've sought help. Nearly all of them need help, like the one who asked me what makes the only person in the world meditation doesn't do anything for (all medical people at all levels should just knkw there's no 100% effective treatment), one who kept telling me the bs, so-called "law" of attraction is real, one diagnosed me as psychotic and another as a hormonal *****, and one actually downplayed why I was there.

Well...I'm going to eat a lunch of homemade dumplings and homemade baozi

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"Fancy accountants"....now there is cogent analysis of the problem.

Beware unintended consequences of a glibly proffered change.
The incentive to rid business of workers would increase greatly.
Businesses don't need incentive as the bloodbath in tech has shown. And speculation is worth exactly what I paid for it so I have my money's worth from your post.

Given what AI is starting to do, I think any additional incentive beyond what we've seen and can expect would be minimal and seriously outweighed by the advantages.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Businesses don't need incentive as the bloodbath in tech has shown. And speculation is worth exactly what I paid for it so I have my money's worth from your post.

Given what AI is starting to do, I think any additional incentive beyond what we've seen and can expect would be minimal and seriously outweighed by the advantages.
You're missing the lower cost of labor that
is deducted from gross income, thereby
lowering income tax liability.