• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Our couple of days of summer is over. Today will be almost 20 degrees colder than the previous two days.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
funny-bumper-stickers-10-6475a96640ea4-png__700.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

A Connecticut couple alleges the state put a camera on a bear with the intention of illegally filming their property, and has filed an injunction to get the photographic evidence destroyed.

“We're not asking for money. We're not asking for attorney fees. We're just asking for an injunction to make them stop,” said New Haven attorney John R. Williams, who is representing Mark Brault.

It’s the latest salvo in a years-long dispute between Brault and the town of Hartland, which claims Brault had been illegally feeding bears.

According to a request for injunction filed last month, a bear bearing an identifying tag and a camera entered the Brault’s property earlier in May. It’s a bear Williams said Mark Brault had seen before.

“He noticed that the bear now had not just an ear tag but a collar, and so he got on his camera and zoomed in on the bear, and not only did it have a collar, but the collar had a camera on it,” Williams said. “That's a bear that the DEEP knows is a frequenter of the property. So what does that say to me? That says to me that they're engaging in a warrantless search of his property.”

Bears could be used to spy for the NSA.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Gee, what the heck is going on in San Francisco? The last time I was there was about 10 years ago. It didn't seem that bad, although if the city was going to end, I thought it would be due to the "big one" (earthquake) happening.

"Not with a bang, but a whimper." I guess that's true.

It seems like the city is dying a slow death.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Gee, what the heck is going on in San Francisco? The last time I was there was about 10 years ago. It didn't seem that bad, although if the city was going to end, I thought it would be due to the "big one" (earthquake) happening.

I was in San Francisco about 10 years ago too.... I didn't like it then

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

The stats show that the bottom may have been reached in a number of measures. But SF is also suffering from the COVID "work from home" change.