• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When i was a child we went on a day trip to Blackpool. While driving along the promenade we were stopped while 6 elephants (trunk holding tail of the one in front) crossed the road.

It seems it was a daily occurrence that the "Tower Circus" took their elephants to play on the beach each morning.
That same year they brought an elephants (3) out on a main street for folks to look at, blocked traffic, and, well, made a rather large mess on the street

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When i was a child we went on a day trip to Blackpool. While driving along the promenade we were stopped while 6 elephants (trunk holding tail of the one in front) crossed the road.

It seems it was a daily occurrence that the "Tower Circus" took their elephants to play on the beach each morning.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
200.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That's how blind faith works.
BTW, I recommend "vile" instead of "foul".
Turns out this is one of this nit-picky things of English I was unaware of.
Between the two of us I'm sure we can take on Grammar Girl. I'd get more ambitious and seek to replace Purdue Owl, but I don't remember how to do MLA.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Turns out this is one of this nit-picky things of English I was unaware of.
Between the two of us I'm sure we can take on Grammar Girl. I'd get more ambitious and seek to replace Purdue Owl, but I don't remember how to do MLA.
While I like being a grammar Nazi,
I don't actually know any grammar.

Shadow Wolf

That's how blind faith works.
BTW, I recommend "vile" instead of "foul".
A note on this, I noticed the phrase "foul language" today on a sign at my doctor's office. That's (thoughts occuring in my head as I type this that changes things) Go pester you them.
This puts me in a complicated position (I often hear all about how reading too much and knowing too much is bad for me, no one says it's really a high degree of self awareness that slaps you more than anything). But the part of what was left out from above that I will put here instead, go bug them about it.

Shadow Wolf

The sign says Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread, but maybe it needs changed to "Radioactive Nerd Levels Overwhelming. Beware." and write it out in a dozen languages, and allow admittance solely based on an assessment of the test specimen's reaction to being told "Hab SoSlI' Quch!"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The sign says Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread, but maybe it needs changed to "Radioactive Nerd Levels Overwhelming. Beware." and write it out in a dozen languages, and allow admittance solely based on an assessment of the test specimen's reaction to being told "Hab SoSlI' Quch!"

Maybe we could start a new thread with that title.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Laid-back bear.

"It was just kind of chilling, hanging out and checking me out, but I was a little scared," Ossalear said.

The cyclist fled the scene, but now admits that was probably the wrong move.

"I just completely panicked," he said. "I took off riding and then, of course, I was like, 'Oh wait, you're not supposed to go.'"

The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources recommends anyone who encounters a bear in the wild to back away slowly.

"For black bears, you stay calm, stand your ground, and give the bear a chance to leave," Faith Heaton Jolley with DWR told KSTU-TV. "Don't run away, don't climb a tree, they're really fast, they can run up to 35 miles per hour."

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Remember when someone invented interchangeable parts, and everyone verbally agreed that it was a good, American thing and some considered it 'Democratic technology'? It was general good will, and we expected it from manufacturers. What happened?

Shadow Wolf

Remember when someone invented interchangeable parts, and everyone verbally agreed that it was a good, American thing and some considered it 'Democratic technology'? It was general good will, and we expected it from manufacturers. What happened?
It turns out it was wrong to place faith in consumers and the idea that dollars and spending is democracy is wrong.