• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I was just read
Asteroid Annihilated City Thought to be Biblical Sodom
And it reminded me of...

Lot, his wife and daughters were fleeing Sodom and wifey looked back, well you know the story.
Anyway Lot and the children trudged on until they came to another town. Lot said, "we have to eat", the children reluctantly agreed. They found a chip (fries) shop open and ordered 3 papirus's of chips (fries). Carrying their chips (fries) in the papyrus cartons then tucked in to eat their chips (fries). Lot said "i really do wish your mother were here now... I can't stand chips (fries) with salt"

It wasn't the sort of post that would have gone down very well on that serious thread so i thought I'd drop it here...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was just read
Asteroid Annihilated City Thought to be Biblical Sodom
And it reminded me of...

Lot, his wife and daughters were fleeing Sodom and wifey looked back, well you know the story.
Anyway Lot and the children trudged on until they came to another town. Lot said, "we have to eat", the children reluctantly agreed. They found a chip (fries) shop open and ordered 3 papirus's of chips (fries). Carrying their chips (fries) in the papyrus cartons then tucked in to eat their chips (fries). Lot said "i really do wish your mother were here now... I can't stand chips (fries) with salt"

It wasn't the sort of post that would have gone down very well on that serious thread so i thought I'd drop it here...

You are truly the "salt of the earth".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You're watching the wrong TV shows.
I've seen much creativity.
I said hardly. Which is true. Movies amd TV never have been a bastion of good art. There are some very great amd excellent shows, it's true, but the screen amd film world is best summed up as when Ricky Gervais hosted the Golden Globes; lots of dumb, boring, mindless, stupid blah with not that much that's actually worth watching. All these endless rebootsz remakes, and sequals decades after the fact just helps to highlight the problem of creativity being a rare commodity in Hollywood (that's because it's the city of the pudding brains, by the pudding brains and for the pudding brains).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I said hardly. Which is true. Movies amd TV never have been a bastion of good art.
It all depends upon what one thinks is "good".
No art form has greatness more than a small
fraction (IMO). Most opera sucks, most paintings
are uninteresting, most books are boring, etc.
There are some very great amd excellent shows, it's true, but the screen amd film world is best summed up as when Ricky Gervais hosted the Golden Globes; lots of dumb, boring, mindless, stupid blah with not that much that's actually worth watching. All these endless rebootsz remakes, and sequals decades after the fact just helps to highlight the problem of creativity being a rare commodity in Hollywood (that's because it's the city of the pudding brains, by the pudding brains and for the pudding brains).
Remember that vaunted "The Maltese Falcon" is a re-make
of a movie based on a book. And sequels are no more likely
to be as good as the original than the original was likely to
be good in the 1st place. They can succeed when there is
great writing & a continuation of the story with expansion
& novelty, eg, Alien, The Godfather, The Terminator.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It all depends upon what one thinks is "good".
No art form has greatness more than a small
fraction (IMO). Most opera sucks, most paintings
are uninteresting, most books are boring, etc.

Remember that vaunted "The Maltese Falcon" is a re-make
of a movie based on a book. And sequels are no more likely
to be as good as the original than the original was likely to
be good in the 1st place. They can succeed when there is
great writing & a continuation of the story with expansion
& novelty, eg, Alien, The Godfather, The Terminator.
All that's true. But overall, TV and movies still suck.
And I would argue books have a higher frequency of better quality for no other reason than the common denominator of TV/movies is people who prefer passive entertainment while book readers are indulging in actively taking in their media and havimg to think about it. And because books can do and show things that TV more often than not can't. That, and books are delightfully free of prudish, Puritan censors who think America doesn't like, want, can't handle and won't have violence, nudity and sex amd are the reason we can't have shows and commercials like the Aussies and Germans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All that's true. But overall, TV and movies still suck.
As do all art forms.
And I would argue books have a higher frequency of better quality....
You underestimate the number of books published.
And because books can do and show things that TV more often than not can't.
And vice versa.
That, and books are delightfully free of prudish, Puritan censors who think America doesn't like, want, can't handle and won't have violence, nudity and sex amd are the reason we can't have shows and commercials like the Aussies and Germans.
Have you become an effete intellectual
who looks down on popular media, &
says that Proust must be read in the
original French?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Have you become an effete intellectual
who looks down on popular media, &
says that Proust must be read in the
original French?
Es-tu devenu un intellectuel décadent
qui méprise les médias populaires, &
dire que Proust doit être lu dans le
Français d'origine ?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Es-tu devenu un intellectuel décadent
qui méprise les médias populaires, &
dire que Proust doit être lu dans le
Français d'origine ?
no_habla_jibber_jabber_hat-rbffd57c771ab44aaadbec1e87818b768_eahvn_8byvr_492.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You need another hobby.
I'm seriously thinking about getting back into Calligraphy, use to do a lot of that.... and I now have more time to play didgeridoo..... also use to do a whole lot of Origami...but I don't think I will get back into paper folding at this time.....but I'm not doing that now...so...yeah...I probably do need a hobby