• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1b84d9254d4d0eb2f014fc9342599969.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's a rarity for me to say this, but I actually like the Man in thr High Castle show more than the book. Things are totally reversed with it, other than the book being what has the inner dialogue.
The book is still fascinating though, as it does explain more what's going on in the world. Like how it's the 60s amd the Nazis are exploring space, have rocket airplanes, and drained the Mediterranean for farming.
But for a show to explore and have more than the book? Fight Club doesn't even do that and both are a philosophical orgy of top Western philosophers cranked to max (Palahniuk does that).

Shadow Wolf

Have you become an effete intellectual
who looks down on popular media, &
says that Proust must be read in the
original French?
I'm not that bad, but I am convinced on average books are better quality than movies and TV shows, and (at least in America) the average book reader can handle more things like violence, sex, drug use and other taboo things that are consistently toned down for the screen version. And it's my belief such things revolve around it not only lacking the Puritan censorship but also being a form of active entertainment, which changes things entirely for the one indulging in it.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a problem, I can not use the 'bold type command' or any other alternatives like font size and such.....edit
Try going to the BB code toggle (brackets on the right between the "redo" and "save" icons) and make sure it's toggled off. This should fix your issue.

Shadow Wolf

RACIST!!!!!

giphy.gif
Those ones yes. But sprints on a dirt track track are fun because they slide rather than turn and they are intense and short races.
And some drag races. Like nitro bikes. I'm still trying to figure out where thise guys stash their balls because they must be gigantic.