• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A pound of feathers weighs more than a pound of gold.
But an ounce of feathers weighs less than an ounce of gold.
No, the measurement system that came up with those did entirely too many drugs at once. It needs to all quit being science denying weeners and accept a pound of whatever is the same as a pound of another whatever.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Of course he's a looney but not a pounds sterling (or as they say hallmarked) looney but his posts are a hallmark of his being a looney.
Not too looney on this one given measurements of somethings was decided after drinking a bottle of rum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, the measurement system that came up with those did entirely too many drugs at once. It needs to all quit being science denying weeners and accept a pound of whatever is the same as a pound of another whatever.
Investigate avoidupois & troy system ounces & pounds.
They apply to different substances.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It was up to 112° today, although my car thermometer said it was 117°.

temperatureconversion.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Apparently you have NO idea how much fun it is to chase black bears up a tree

True. My sense of fun is limited to learning that I have osteopenia which so far as I've researched appears to be very common at my age with 3 AI programs coming up with 25%-50% based on the their training data. I'm doing well with exercise and calcium (in the form of daily yogurt) but I guess I can add a Vitamin D pill to be safe.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
True. My sense of fun is limited to learning that I have osteopenia which so far as I've researched appears to be very common at my age with 3 AI programs coming up with 25%-50% based on the their training data. I'm doing well with exercise and calcium (in the form of daily yogurt) but I guess I can add a Vitamin D pill to be safe.

Well, I'm not doing much black bear treeing these days....dealing with what i believe is Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca, or at least I think that is what the Doc said....I thought she said Filamentary Keratitis, but reading the symptoms I think it was Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca. Also dealing with Gastritis...... If this is the 60s, I can hardly wait for the 70s...boy howdy let me tell you we're havin' some fun now

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thanks to Reddit, a question: An army of your username is launching a full scale attack on Earth. How screwed are we?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
4 hours of sleep, sitting at my desk, nothing to do.... DANG!!! I just dozed off for 15 minutes....you know what...I think I'm going to go home