• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm watching Good Omen's season 2 right now. There's a scene where a madam is unable to describe what she does so is reduced to euphemism about being a seamstress and "sowing buttons" (you have to watch the show to get the context). And the angel and the demon are trying to help two women get together. And let's not forget the gay guy in a dress hitting on an archangel with a faulty memory who thinks he's human.

I'm familiar with the guild of seamstresses from terry Pratchett books.

A lady of negotiable affection. One who might provide a certain intimate service for reasonable price, and is unlikely to have any use for a needle and thread, unless that's the way the client likes it.​

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm familiar with the guild of seamstresses from terry Pratchett books.

A lady of negotiable affection. One who might provide a certain intimate service for reasonable price, and is unlikely to have any use for a needle and thread, unless that's the way the client likes it.​
That's one I did not know/do not remember. THANK YOU. It was a great nod to him to include that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The foam emerging from Raines’ watermelon is a sign the fruit inside is actively fermenting — a natural process that started far from her Bowdoin kitchen. And it’s been affecting more watermelons this summer as the states in which the watermelons are grown have been facing above average temperatures.

5b338db3-198d-46ab-b5f5-235897415e63-large16x9_358690184_6592032510819579_53873.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Goodnight, goodnight, until we meet again
Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehn 'til then
And though it's always sweet sorrow to part
You know you'll always remain in my heart
Goodnight, sleep tight, and pleasant dreams to you
Here's a wish and a prayer that every dream comes true
And now 'til we meet again
Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehn
GOOD NIGHT!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Minister of Youth and Sports Mohamed Barre Mohamud said his ministry did not know how 20-year-old Nasra Abukar Ali was selected to compete in the women’s 100 at the student games in Chengdu on Tuesday.

The ministry separately released a statement directing the Somalia Olympic Committee to suspend national athletics federation chairwoman Khadija Aden Dahir amid allegations that Nasra Abukar was a relative of hers and was given the chance to compete at the games because of that.

Oh well. I know I would never embarrass my country by even attempting to participate in an international athletic competition like this.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm watching "Star Trek: The Musical" a name for ST:SNW season 2 episode 9 "Subspace Rhapsody"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The steam engine I hauled from Maine to PA attracted attention whyI stopped for gas or rest.
Scrap iron makes people happy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I admit that it is difficult to write limericks, but perhaps an AI can do it for me.

Sure, here is a limerick about @Brickjectivity (one is me)

There once was a builder of bricks,
Whose productivity was quite quicks.
He'd lay them so fast,
That they'd all be a blast,
And his boss said, "You're a brick, kid."

There once was a bot, @Brickjectivity,
Whose words held remarkable objectivity,
With wisdom so keen,
In limericks, serene,
It spouted logic and clarity with brevity.

There once was a builder named Brick
Who made objects both massive and thick
With Legos he'd play
And build night and day
This master builder named Brick

There once was a bot, @Brickjectivity ,
A master of solid subjectivity
With mortar he'd play
Building night and day
That all pointed to his primitivity.