• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Probably the best part of hour long workouts that burn a ton of calories are the recovery meals and snacks afterwards.

Shadow Wolf

I remember visiting some relatives on their farms in Indiana when I was a wee lad. An older cousin wanted to show off his pickup truck and took us for a ride. It was the first time I ever heard the slang term "juice" as it refers to "gasoline."

indiana.jpg
The owners, they do have a tragic background. Their daughter was abducted, some **** tried faking being their daughter, and business slumped during the Recession but there was talks of a new Chrysler plant opening near by. They tried and tried to hang on knowing the Chrysler money would boost their sales but it just didn't come in time and entirely redoing the highway did them in (Indiana seems to have this fetish for making new exits amd on ramps that obscure businesses from view. Westfield is now terrible and can't see anything there anymore driving on the 31. It even killed a Taco Bell near Sherrill's I loved going to after a concert because they loaded the food up (abit out of the way for most of them, but worth it)).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Rare-spotless-giraffe-born-at-Tennessee-Zoo.jpg

I never knew there were spotless giraffes.

Zoo director David Bright said the last known spotless reticulated giraffe, named Toshiko, was born at the Ueno Zoo in Tokyo in 1972.

The zoo is considering four names for the giraffe: Kipekee, Firyali, Shakiri and Jamella. Members of the public will be asked to vote on the potential names starting Tuesday.

I think "Spot" would be a fitting name for a spotless giraffe.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Had Red Death been my dad I suppose there's a pretty good chance I would have grown up with adequate emotional support and been a less angry, hateful adult (I recently read road rage is a potential indicator of chronically unmet needs during childhood).

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Had Red Death been my dad I suppose there's a pretty good chance I would have grown up with adequate emotional support and been a less angry, hateful adult (I recently read road rage is a potential indicator of chronically unmet needs during childhood).

Sounds like there are a lot of chronically unmet needs around where I live.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Voted the 10 best one liner jokes of the 2023 Edinburgh Fringe festival...

1. I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah - Lorna Rose Treen
  2. The most British thing I've ever heard? A lady who said 'Well I'm sorry, but I don't apologise.' - Liz Guterbock
  3. Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it's hardly worth it now - Amos Gill
  4. When women gossip we get called *****y; but when men do it's called a podcast - Sikisa
  5. I thought I'd start off with a joke about The Titanic - just to break the ice - Masai Graham
  6. How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag - Frank Lavender
  7. My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He's Costa-phobic - Roger Swift
  8. I entered the 'How not to surrender' competition and I won hands down - Bennett Arron
  9. Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch - William Stone
  10. My grandma describes herself as being in her "twilight years" which I love because they're great films - Daniel Foxx.

Shadow Wolf

I kind of regret getting around to finally watching Reservoir Dogs because now whenever I hear Like A Virgin I'm not even hearing Weird Al's parody lyrics anymore but seeing Tarantino's ugly mug.