• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I thought King Kong was bigger than that. How could he fight face to face with Godzilla if he was so small by comparison?

View attachment 81176
he grew.... but he lost

wired-kong.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
he grew.... but he lost

wired-kong.jpg

Interesting scene, but that aircraft carrier looks like it's in terrible peril. If it sinks, then Godzilla can survive in the water, but I'm not sure about King Kong.

Now I'm curious as to how much they weigh, and how much weight those carrier decks can stand.

With the problem of height comes another issue: Godzilla is also very, very heavy. According to Popular Mechanics, the monster's heart alone weighs about 100 tons. Paleontologists use a specific formula to determine the height of dinosaurs. They multiply the number 0.00016 by the circumference of the femur. Using this formula, Popular Mechanics determines that Godzilla could potentially weigh 163,772 tons.

Attempting to determine just how much King Kong would weigh varies, based on who you ask and which version of Kong you're taking into consideration. According to Wired, it is assumed that he is indeed made up of all the things, both internally and externally, that a normal, regular-sized gorilla is made of. This means that the oversized gorilla would possess the same density and body structure, with the same height and limb width, that normal gorillas have. If the average height of a gorilla is around five feet and its weight is around 350 pounds, then based on Kong's height of over 150 feet, the mighty kaiju sits at around 93 million pounds and garners enough strength to bench press over 16 million pounds.

93,000,000 lb. = 46,500 tons - significantly less than Godzilla's 163,772 tons

The weight of a modern aircraft carrier is 100,000 tons (Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier - Wikipedia)

The weight of Godzilla alone would be more than the ship itself.

However, the most important thing to learn here is this:

KING KONG POOPS WOULD BE STAGGERING IN SIZE

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose not, based on your response. I was trying to see if you were making a joke. I didn't know much about Salmon Rushdie, and I thought you might be making a pun. But I didn't want to blurt out the answer.

Actually, it's Salman Rushdie.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I saw it on the telly! The US Army once again lets you pee all that you can pee. Those couple of decades of holding it must have sucked.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I beat a bunch of queers in Monopoly tonight. We ran out of time, but with a fourth of the board belonging to me amd my paper stacks growing larger nearly every round it would have taken a severe miscalculation on my part to lose, amd I was nearly in a position to start buying out the player in third so I could effectively end the chances for everyone under her and greatly pressure second place as taking everything from third place as I planned would have out me at owning 40% of the board, well over half the properties.
But a fortunate streak of doubles amd favorable Community Chest and Chance cards that warped me past Go and back the final stretch is how I managed to do. But this is Capitalism so I don't have to acknowledge how a broken up/houseless and hotelless front stretch being my only dangers made also provided for am easy win. Nope. I gots mad dice skills and I'm just way better at managing money with my out spending everyone else amd frivolous spending early on that would normally be the end of a player but I'm just good like that.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm annoyed.

Checked my email, didn't click on anything. Deleted 31 spam emails. Went to shut down to get the message Windows is installing Avast anti virus.

Went to task manager to stop the installation and it wouldn't let me.

Went to add- remove programs to remove avast and it would let me.

I thought avast was supposed to be a reputable product? It obviously uses malware to install it unbeknown to the user.

Running Spybot and Malwearbytes allowed me to used add-remove programs to get rid of Avast.

Now I'm concerned that our computers protection is not up to scratch and it may be infected with something nasty that our malware protection is not seeing.