• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Orbit

I'm a planet
And not only does it have the few images I posted, there's an entire museum at SFO proving that San Francisco's airport puts the lie to the idea that airports are just plain ugly Home | SFO Museum and the 2nd image is a children's play area Kids’ Spot: Tree Town | SFO Museum

Some airports think about this stuff. When I was in the grad school in the 1990s, my dissertation advisor was hired to research people's aesthetic experiences in airports (with an eye to improving them).

We Never Know

No Slack
IMG_20230831_170531.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's the first image from my return last night.
The artist seems to be contrasting order and disorder. The disorder appears to be made of shapes like US states out of scale to one another and at crazy angles. The order (on the left) appears to be made of rectangles. At the extreme right the disordered pieces shrink in size and disappear. The ordered and disordered panels are at a right angle to each other.

The states make me wonder if this is a political frustration or that the artist is frustrated about something that seems similar to political problems.

But since I can't see the whole picture I've no idea what this artwork is about.:p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think it's safe to assume this social worker has zero respect for people's time. She's started both of sessions 15 minutes late and scheduled me without even asking if the day and time work for me.
She's also a ***** assuming im not really motivated to find work. Yeah, my body is on the messed up side now but I'm still trying and me going to her for help with that is so totally me not being motivated.:rolleyes:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
OK, I apologize for this, but it is not random or meaningless. After reading a few posts this morning, I will not say which ones, I have come to the conclusion that most of us tend to view the world though our western culture.... Well in America ....in Europe....etc.... and assuming from that that the majority of the world agrees or disagrees. Three is one post I read that I almost posted in, but I decided not wo, because I simply do not want to get into a fire fight..... But I so wanted to post, "You do realize that over 1 billion people (likely closer to over 2 billion) would absolutely not agree"

Actually might be closer to 3 billion populations total of the east and middle east.....And I did not even look into the population of Africa...so teh number is very likely well over 3 billion. Of course not all of those would agree or disagree or for that matter care at all....but I am pretty sure that in at least one I read almost 1.5 billion in at least one country would..

Note, population of the earth as of 2021 was 7.888 billion

Just found this rather interesting and a bit eye opening as to how so many of these are only considering a very small group, taking it as fact, and applying it to the entire globe...or not even considering the entire globe...Which makes up a much larger percentage of the population of the earth

OK, I'm done being Meaningful and having a point now

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I really don't like dealing with companies in Montreal..... they are nice enough, do a good job, but paying them is a nightmare.... but then some are complete charlatans...just like you get in the USA...just harder to tell at a distance.... I really want to get rid of that property

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I really don't like dealing with companies in Montreal..... they are nice enough, do a good job, but paying them is a nightmare.... but then some are complete charlatans...just like you get in the USA...just harder to tell at a distance.... I really want to get rid of that property
They have all the worst traits of Frenchies,
but none of the best of Canuckistanians.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
OK, I apologize for this, but it is not random or meaningless. After reading a few posts this morning, I will not say which ones, I have come to the conclusion that most of us tend to view the world though our western culture.... Well in America ....in Europe....etc.... and assuming from that that the majority of the world agrees or disagrees. Three is one post I read that I almost posted in, but I decided not wo, because I simply do not want to get into a fire fight..... But I so wanted to post, "You do realize that over 1 billion people (likely closer to over 2 billion) would absolutely not agree"

Actually might be closer to 3 billion populations total of the east and middle east.....And I did not even look into the population of Africa...so teh number is very likely well over 3 billion. Of course not all of those would agree or disagree or for that matter care at all....but I am pretty sure that in at least one I read almost 1.5 billion in at least one country would..

Note, population of the earth as of 2021 was 7.888 billion

Just found this rather interesting and a bit eye opening as to how so many of these are only considering a very small group, taking it as fact, and applying it to the entire globe...or not even considering the entire globe...Which makes up a much larger percentage of the population of the earth

OK, I'm done being Meaningful and having a point now
I'm tempted to reply with a random and meaningless la la la la la la la. But I will eschew that mostly to observe that psychologically for most the world revolves around them and that radiates out to, in the US, the world revolves around our religion/politics, out to the USA, out to the West and the rest is in the outer reaches.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I think it's safe to assume this social worker has zero respect for people's time. She's started both of sessions 15 minutes late and scheduled me without even asking if the day and time work for me.
She's also a ***** assuming im not really motivated to find work. Yeah, my body is on the messed up side now but I'm still trying and me going to her for help with that is so totally me not being motivated.:rolleyes:
You have my complete sympathy. There's nothing worse than professionals who are dealing with people who are grappling with troublesome circumstances, and don't treat them with respect. Back in the 2010s when I was having a rough time I had a therapist schedule an appointment with me. I arrived at the scheduled time, and waited, and waited. After about a half hour, she comes out and asks me what I'm doing there. I say "we had an appointment" and she said something along the lines of "I didn't know that" and sent me home. Is there any way to request a different social worker?