• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You have my complete sympathy. There's nothing worse than professionals who are dealing with people who are grappling with troublesome circumstances, and don't treat them with respect. Back in the 2010s when I was having a rough time I had a therapist schedule an appointment with me. I arrived at the scheduled time, and waited, and waited. After about a half hour, she comes out and asks me what I'm doing there. I say "we had an appointment" and she said something along the lines of "I didn't know that" and sent me home. Is there any way to request a different social worker?
Humans mess up. When I took a law course for fun (!) many years ago, one principle I remember was "every dog is entitled to one free bite". Of course today it depends on the breed but the principle is that you may not know your dog will bite until it happens. I've turned that into "every person will screw up sometimes" but whether they get another chance depends on how that person reacts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You have my complete sympathy. There's nothing worse than professionals who are dealing with people who are grappling with troublesome circumstances, and don't treat them with respect. Back in the 2010s when I was having a rough time I had a therapist schedule an appointment with me. I arrived at the scheduled time, and waited, and waited. After about a half hour, she comes out and asks me what I'm doing there. I say "we had an appointment" and she said something along the lines of "I didn't know that" and sent me home.
I've had that happen. I also had her as a passenger once when I did rideshare, and she gave me a low rating.
I don't know why thise types even bother with going into that line if work. You have to respect people as individuals and in it and far too many just don't.
Is there any way to request a different social worker?
The case manager through my insurance who was supposed to be helping me find a therapist who isn't booked out for several months (and of course he's avoiding the route I've taken before to get video sessions with a therapist in LA) and he sent me the name and number of these boneheads. I just canceled my appointment and resuming the hunt for a therapist, because although I've resolved some issues of late there's still a pressure cooker about to blow (especially over the complete failure to find employment and being stuck with my mom). I'm too good and still too just able enough for this situation. I should be employed and getting to stab people when I'm happy or pissed. Amd then some idiot at the plasmacenter who can't do a finger stick right ends up hurting my finger (by squeezing and digging the lancet in) because they hired the lesser skilled phlebotomists, so the frustration builds more. Almost to the point of rage whenever I get hurt during a draw involving a weak, poor or nonexistent anchor and just not pulling the skin tight as it should be.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
cat-conting

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I really don't like dealing with companies in Montreal..... they are nice enough, do a good job, but paying them is a nightmare.... but then some are complete charlatans...just like you get in the USA...just harder to tell at a distance.... I really want to get rid of that property

So you don't think about those nights in Montreal and get the sweetest thoughts of Gino Vannelli and some unnamed individual of unknown origin?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

“There were probably about 40 hives on the trailer, and about 20 of the hives tipped off of the trailer because [the driver] was trying to avoid hitting a deer,” Barber added. “Once I got on the scene, I was talking with the beekeeper who was involved in the accident, asking how we could help best and [we came] up with a plan.”

Following the nearly four-hour ordeal, several of the crates were left on the side of the roadway in hopes the remaining bees who had taken off would return to their queen in the hive and be collected later, Anderson said.

Police say the initial beekeeper was stung repeatedly, but there were no serious injuries following the swarm of bees in the area.

“The initial beekeeper on scene was stung quite a few times,” Anderson said.

So, the Canadians got their bees back.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So you don't think about those nights in Montreal and get the sweetest thoughts of Gino Vannelli and some unnamed individual of unknown origin?

You may be surprised to know I have no fond memories of Montreal and I have never in my life thought of Gino Vannelli......
And this one

cat-frank
Just proves my point cats are so evil they even hate other cats and try and eat them

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Cable tv and network went down at 8:00pm, still not back at almost 10:30

ITS LIKE LIVING IN THE STONE-AGE!!!!!

Actually for the first time I read a news paper, that is ACTUALLY made of paper. Kind of nice actually

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Cable tv and network went down at 8:00pm, still not back at almost 10:30

ITS LIKE LIVING IN THE STONE-AGE!!!!!

Actually for the first time I read a news paper, that is ACTUALLY made of paper. Kind of nice actually
I understand that a disagreement between Disney/ESPN/ABC/Etc. and a major cable system has resulted in all those channels being shut out of the provider system. Might explain what's happened...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My Google chromebook just reached end of updates. Growl - the laptop still works perfectly and it's not that old.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

According to ABC, thieves are arriving at night aboard small watercraft and using bolt cutters and other break-in tools to gain access to unoccupied boats. Several sailboats have been stolen, as well as small watercraft, dinghies, tools, and outboard motors.

Boat owners are blaming nearby homeless encampments, while police have so far declined to issue a public statement. Boaters are also pointing the finger at 'anchor outs' -- people who keep boats, which are often stolen, and live rent-free by continually moving their anchor location to avoid police.

Pirates dress rather distinctively, and the skull-and-crossbones flag should be a dead giveaway. It seems they should be easy to spot.

pirate-pictures-46rj4tu3zcuprps9.jpg