• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
and even RF is not working properly, just took 10 minutes to post my post just before this

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why is it going to be in the high 80s and low 90s this week…in Septembe…in the northern hemisphere
Isn't that typical? It is where I live. By the way we recently harvested a 14 foot alligator found in the Yellow River not far from the city of Yazoo. Its in international news. Maybe you will have alligators soon, too.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is mostly for @Wu Wei but others will see what this resembles in a flash

41566_2023_1272_Fig6_HTML.jpg

Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever

A new development will help cement the “realness” of quantum entanglement even more. A team of researchers from the University of Ottawa and the Sapienza University of Rome have demonstrated a novel technique that allows the visualization of an entangled pair of photons  —  particles of light. More accurately, what the scientists have manifested and what they describe in a paper published in Nature Photonics is the wavefunction of this quantum system
Holographic techniques like this rely on the fact that light can be modeled as a wave, and when two waves overlap and are “in phase”, where a peak means a peak or a trough meets a trough, this feature of the wave is amplified — a phenomenon called constructive interference.

But, when the light waves are out of phase, a peak meets a trough, and the features cancel each other out  —  this is called, predictably maybe, destructive interference.

The inference pattern that results from the overlapping of two light waves —  one known (a reference wave) and the other unknown  —  can give information about the unknown wave, allowing it to be reconstructed. This means that holographic techniques can reconstruct a 3D object from 2D images. The team extended the technique of digital holography to solve the problem of reconstructing the state of two entangled photons.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If someone painted a sign saying "danger, end of the world switch, do not touch under any circumstances" the paint wouldn't be dry before someone flipped the sw....."
Given the number of people who leave their cars to pet the cute grizzly bear mom and cubs...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Given the number of people who leave their cars to pet the cute grizzly bear mom and cubs...

I watched a clip on the news the other day. A family at a safari park, stopped in the big cat enclosure, got out of the car to have a picnic. The people in the car behind phoned the emergency number and sounded their car horn. Which surprised the two female cheetahs that was stalking the would be picnic lunch causing them to halt for a few seconds. The happy picnickers spotted the cheetah and managed to scramble back to their car before they became the main course.

They were banned from the park for life, lucky they had a life to ban