• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Isn't that typical? It is where I live. By the way we recently harvested a 14 foot alligator found in the Yellow River not far from the city of Yazoo. Its in international news. Maybe you will have alligators soon, too.
curious-coastal-brown-bear.jpg

Wu Wei

This is mostly for @Wu Wei but others will see what this resembles in a flash

41566_2023_1272_Fig6_HTML.jpg

Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever

A new development will help cement the “realness” of quantum entanglement even more. A team of researchers from the University of Ottawa and the Sapienza University of Rome have demonstrated a novel technique that allows the visualization of an entangled pair of photons  —  particles of light. More accurately, what the scientists have manifested and what they describe in a paper published in Nature Photonics is the wavefunction of this quantum system
Holographic techniques like this rely on the fact that light can be modeled as a wave, and when two waves overlap and are “in phase”, where a peak means a peak or a trough meets a trough, this feature of the wave is amplified — a phenomenon called constructive interference.

But, when the light waves are out of phase, a peak meets a trough, and the features cancel each other out  —  this is called, predictably maybe, destructive interference.

The inference pattern that results from the overlapping of two light waves —  one known (a reference wave) and the other unknown  —  can give information about the unknown wave, allowing it to be reconstructed. This means that holographic techniques can reconstruct a 3D object from 2D images. The team extended the technique of digital holography to solve the problem of reconstructing the state of two entangled photons.

I have no idea what you are referring to

giphy.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif
\

:D

That is cool. I got really into reading about quantum mechanics in my late 20s early 30s..... that's when things got weird...saw it everywhere .a lot in Buddhist and some Taoist philosophy actually....have not got deeply into it since

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have no idea what you are referring to

giphy.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif
\

:D

That is cool. I got really into reading about quantum mechanics in my late 20s early 30s..... that's when things got weird...saw it everywhere .a lot in Buddhist and some Taoist philosophy actually....have not got deeply into it since

Perhaps someone will come up with quantum theology :cool:

Wu Wei

Perhaps they already have... and not realized it yet...

One of these days I will go back and start reading the books again...but not until after I retire... and can go spend some time meditation in a cave

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They already have. It's been sued by multiple scientists over the thise whi made it misleading the scientists and misrepresenting them. They also heavily bastardize and misrepresent Buddhism into something that looks more like Frankenstein's Creature.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Perhaps they already have... and not realized it yet...

One of these days I will go back and start reading the books again...but not until after I retire... and can go spend some time meditation in a cave
I doubt you'll go so far as to emulate Milarepa and restrict your diet to nettles.

Wu Wei

I had a net nanny system installed in the kids computers, phones and iPads..... I no longer need it....trying to cancel the account is interesting.....

Everything in the account is in English and has been for years...... the page, the alerts, the setup and the emails...everything since the day I purchased it..... but.... now that I want to cancel it...every page, every popup and all explanations...are in Spanish... and only the first page allows me to translate into english..... everything after that, all popups...are in Spanish and I can't seem to translate them.... I will have to do this later when I have time.....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had a net nanny system installed in the kids computers, phones and iPads..... I no longer need it....trying to cancel the account is interesting.....

Everything in the account is in English and has been for years...... the page, the alerts, the setup and the emails...everything since the day I purchased it..... but.... now that I want to cancel it...every page, every popup and all explanations...are in Spanish... and only the first page allows me to translate into english..... everything after that, all popups...are in Spanish and I can't seem to translate them.... I will have to do this later when I have time.....
They've got you by the short and curlies.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I've had a good day so far. I've defended Satan, Satanists, science, atheists and Jews. And I never once felt the urge to reach for a barbed wire baseball bat (yet). Excellent.

Wu Wei

That's weird
The net nanny software page to close your account comes up in Spanish using Chorme on a Mac....but comes up in English using Chrome on a Windows PC