• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Linus knows a plot hole when he sees one.

b5180ccf81ee7b62cd07755880acc287.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
The wax is gone and I'm still unable to hear out of my right ear. Or at least I don't think I am and I'm pretty sure I'm just feeling vibrations.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
An episode of Alf made me realize I haven't seen those thick paper like boxes of ice cream in a long time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Holland said that Cavalcante's escape was similar to that of another prisoner who escaped the facility in May.

The difference, Holland said, is that the inmate in May was caught "in five minutes," while Cavalcante's escape went unreported for some time.

"In the escape of Cavalcante, the tower officer did not observe or report the escape," he said.

In fact, he said, the prison wasn't locked down until about an hour after Cavalcante had fled the facility.

Holland said Cavalcante "crab-walked" up the wall at 8:51 a.m. that day. He then moved through razor wire and across a roof before vaulting a fence and pushing through more razor wire on his way to freedom.

At 9:45 a.m. officials were notified that Cavalcante was gone and the prison was locked down at about 9:50 a.m., said Holland.

Holland also said the facility had bolstered security following the escape in May, focusing on areas "from the yard to the roof area."

"While we believed the security measures we had in place were sufficient, we were proved otherwise," said Holland.

Since last week, Holland said that the facility is again bolstering its security to prevent future escapes.

I heard that the tower guard was placed on leave. They didn't realize he was missing until almost an hour.

The reward for information leading to Cavalcante's capture is now at $20,000.

Do they still put "dead or alive" on reward posters like they used to?

Cavalcante -- who is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish -- was set to serve life in prison after being convicted of stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death. He is also wanted in a killing in his native Brazil.

Authorities have urged residents to keep their homes and vehicles locked, to check the properties of vacationing neighbors and to look out for missing cars, bicycles or any other mode of transportation Cavalcante might use.

“It’s unnerving to know that I can’t stand in my backyard with my dogs. My husband has to come outside with me and, you know, it’s just an uneasy feeling,” said Danielle Lawrence, of Pocopson, whose house is near the prison.

Guy sounds like a real scumbag.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Birmingham, the 2nd largest city un the UK has effectively declared bankruptcy.

It does not have enough money to meet equal pay claims that it owes to female employees.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member

It does not have enough money to meet equal pay claims that it owes to female employees.
I find that interesting because I argued in a debate that enabling equal pay for equal work isn't done without difficulty (especially in some Islamic countries). The first impression I had of equally paying females was that businesses would just slow increases in pay for male and female employees to accrue the funds necessary. Now, you report bankruptcy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I find that interesting because I argued in a debate that enabling equal pay for equal work isn't done without difficulty (especially in some Islamic countries). The first impression I had of equally paying females was that businesses would just slow increases in pay for male and female employees to accrue the funds necessary. Now, you report bankruptcy.

In the UK
The Equal Pay Act 1970 was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that prohibited any less favourable treatment between men and women in terms of pay and conditions of employment.

They should have been paying equally for equal work for over 40 years.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
In the UK
The Equal Pay Act 1970 was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that prohibited any less favourable treatment between men and women in terms of pay and conditions of employment.

They should have been paying equally for equal work for over 40 years.
Do you know if they made any progress in that endeavor?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

that THAT is identified as the problem bespeaks of the many other issues that likely contributed to its financial collapse...and let's blame some of the victims of our mismanagement while we're at it...:mad: