• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This morning I'm feeling like updating the lyrics to the Merry Minuet song. So sing along to this cheerful ditty

They're rioting in Africa. They're starving in Spain.
There's hurricanes in Florida and Texas needs rain.

The whole world is festering with unhappy souls.
The French hate the Germans. The Germans hate the Poles.

Italians hate Yugoslavs. South Africans hate the Dutch.
And I don't like anybody very much!

But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
For man's been endowed with a mushroom shaped cloud.

And we know for certain that some lovely day
Someone will set the spark off and we will all be blown away.

They're rioting in Africa. There's strife in Iran.
What nature doesn't do to us will be done by our fellow man.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And now for something completely physics geeky

And if it travels for 1 yoctosecond (10-24 seconds), it travels up to 0.3 femtometers, or 3 × 10-15 meters.

If your particles are atom-sized (about an angstrom), then attosecond timing will do it. If your particles are atomic-nucleus sized (about a femtometer), then you need yoctosecond timing.

That many particles don’t live long enough to obey the “rules” that should bind all subatomic particles. And that particles that live for short enough amounts of time don’t even have definitive properties like mass, instead existing only in an indeterminate state due to the quantum bizarreness of nature. As far as we’ve come in our understanding of the Universe, getting down to attosecond timescales simply isn’t good enough to account for particle physics and all that it includes.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_startswithabang_files_2016_12_1-oQxECoOBaqkvKG95KfJLWA.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
And now for something completely physics geeky

And if it travels for 1 yoctosecond (10-24 seconds), it travels up to 0.3 femtometers, or 3 × 10-15 meters.

If your particles are atom-sized (about an angstrom), then attosecond timing will do it. If your particles are atomic-nucleus sized (about a femtometer), then you need yoctosecond timing.

That many particles don’t live long enough to obey the “rules” that should bind all subatomic particles. And that particles that live for short enough amounts of time don’t even have definitive properties like mass, instead existing only in an indeterminate state due to the quantum bizarreness of nature. As far as we’ve come in our understanding of the Universe, getting down to attosecond timescales simply isn’t good enough to account for particle physics and all that it includes.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_startswithabang_files_2016_12_1-oQxECoOBaqkvKG95KfJLWA.jpg

So why did that make me think of Yakov Smirnoff

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I actually had to turn the heat on yesterday..... it was in the 30s.... and not to far north of me...its snowing today