• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
HA!!!! I'm going to clean the leaves off of gutter covers tomorrow....That is the dream

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Some people and businesses think that way - good enuf is something that won't fall apart until 15 minutes after the warranty expires.
That's how most people are with our own lives, too. We have a good impulse: conserve energy; but the result is to be lazy. A government supporting obsolescence is making the same mistake.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some people and businesses think that way - good enuf is something that won't fall apart until 15 minutes after the warranty expires.
I've found many Chinese products to resemble products, but not actually function as products.

The British way.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I still have a week and a few days before I start.
Amd already I'm looking forward to the day of being on my own with no boss, no schedule, no one telling me what to do. I love stabbing people, but I got a different business mentor because the previously mentioned one is leading by an intolerable example (forgetting she rescheduled, lengthy response times, asking if I'm available the same day or next day to meet).
And, yes, I already saw something I'ma have bite my tongue over. But then again I've observed my coworkers for many months and factually know many of them can't even stab a finger the right way. So hopefully I don't get treated that way because it would be a waste if his time and offense to my work ethic for him to keeo checking behind me like I saw him do yesterday.

Shadow Wolf

I painted today.
Live'n the dream!
I've lied in bed today, planning my day. It will involve me buying some food, eating some of said food, producing a liquid source od caffeine for me to drink, getting stabbed and bleed a fair deal, and resume getting back to where I was and better with electronics.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
it would be a waste if his time and offense to my work ethic for him to keeo checking behind me like I saw him do yesterday.
There's a fine line between initial checking and ongoing micromanaging. Typically in my past there is a probationary period where checking is in order. Do they have such a thing there?

Shadow Wolf

There's a fine line between initial checking and ongoing micromanaging. Typically in my past there is a probationary period where checking is in order. Do they have such a thing there?
This was walking behind everyone at the counter and peeking in their supplies drawer. And some of them have been there over a year since it opened. He actually did this while he was on his way to give me my drug test.
Definitely gave me micromanagement vibes amd turned on the neon "it's better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" sign in my head.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This was walking behind everyone at the counter and peeking in their supplies drawer. And some of them have been there over a year since it opened. He actually did this while he was on his way to give me my drug test.
Definitely gave me micromanagement vibes amd turned on the neon "it's better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" sign in my head.

If that's the only thing the solution is clearly to have proper supplies drawers.

When I first worked for the phone company, Pacbell, there was a boss who came out with a clipboard to check if we were all in our seats promptly at starting time and in our seats right at quitting time. So we did that. He left us alone the rest of the day so had no idea what we were up to. The manager had dealt with union employees (we were classified management) so had habits from that time. He also never left a cubical empty on the boundary between his domain and other one because he was concerned someone would take over some of his territory.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
OH NO!!!!! Its....
gettyimages-57434596.jpg

27zv.gif