• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's stopped raining, sun is shining. But...we are surrounded by thick heavy cloud.

I guess we have more rain to come

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We have slightly wet ground and moisture-laden clouds but no active dripping right now.

We have moisture laden ground and are surrounded by very wet clouds. But we still have blue sky... I do wish this post was on another winning thread.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Everyone is rushing to learn more about AI, especially in the IT world... and they should be. Meanwhile... me, a few years from retirement....just want to start working on engines again and I'm looking to learn more about motorcycle engines....now.... its time to go for a walk...its cloudy and a balmy 49F...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Everyone is rushing to learn more about AI, especially in the IT world... and they should be. Meanwhile... me, a few years from retirement....just want to start working on engines again and I'm looking to learn more about motorcycle engines....now.... its time to go for a walk...its cloudy and a balmy 49F...
Prompt to Bard: Is there a consensus on the best motorcycle engine? If so, what is it and why is it best?

There is no single consensus on the best motorcycle engine, as different riders have different needs and preferences. However, some engines are more popular and highly regarded than others.

Some of the most popular motorcycle engine types include:
  • Parallel twins: Parallel twins are compact, lightweight, and relatively inexpensive to produce. They are also relatively smooth-running and produce good power and torque for their size.
  • V-twins: V-twins are known for their distinctive sound and feel. They also tend to produce more torque than parallel twins, making them ideal for cruising and low-speed riding.
  • Inline fours: Inline fours are typically found on high-performance sportbikes. They are known for their high revving ability and peak power output.
  • Boxer twins: Boxer twins are a type of V-twin engine with the cylinders arranged horizontally. They are known for their low center of gravity and unique handling characteristics.
  • Triples: Triples are a good compromise between parallel twins and inline fours. They offer more power and torque than parallel twins, but are not as high-revving as inline fours.
Some of the most highly regarded motorcycle engines include:
  • Ducati Testastretta V-twin: The Ducati Testastretta V-twin is known for its high power output, smooth power delivery, and distinctive sound.
  • BMW Boxer twin: The BMW Boxer twin is known for its low center of gravity, unique handling characteristics, and reliability.
  • Honda CB500 twin: The Honda CB500 twin is known for its smooth power delivery, fuel efficiency, and reliability.
  • Kawasaki ER-6 twin: The Kawasaki ER-6 twin is known for its torquey engine, comfortable riding position, and value for money.
  • KTM 690 single: The KTM 690 single is known for its powerful engine, lightweight chassis, and agile handling.
  • Royal Enfield 650 twin: The Royal Enfield 650 twin is known for its classic styling, smooth power delivery, and affordable price.
  • Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5: The Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5 is known for its high power output, smooth power delivery, and excellent handling.
  • Triumph 675 triple: The Triumph 675 triple is known for its smooth power delivery, torquey engine, and agile handling.
  • Yamaha R1: The Yamaha R1 is known for its high power output, excellent handling, and advanced electronics.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Prompt to Bard: Is there a consensus on the best motorcycle engine? If so, what is it and why is it best?

There is no single consensus on the best motorcycle engine, as different riders have different needs and preferences. However, some engines are more popular and highly regarded than others.

• Parallel twins: Parallel twins are compact, lightweight, and relatively inexpensive to produce. They are also relatively smooth-running and produce good power and torque for their size.
  • V-twins: V-twins are known for their distinctive sound and feel. They also tend to produce more torque than parallel twins, making them ideal for cruising and low-speed riding.
  • Inline fours: Inline fours are typically found on high-performance sportbikes. They are known for their high revving ability and peak power output.
  • Boxer twins: Boxer twins are a type of V-twin engine with the cylinders arranged horizontally. They are known for their low center of gravity and unique handling characteristics.
  • Triples: Triples are a good compromise between parallel twins and inline fours. They offer more power and torque than parallel twins, but are not as high-revving as inline fours.
  • Ducati Testastretta V-twin: The Ducati Testastretta V-twin is known for its high power output, smooth power delivery, and distinctive sound.
  • BMW Boxer twin: The BMW Boxer twin is known for its low center of gravity, unique handling characteristics, and reliability.
  • Honda CB500 twin: The Honda CB500 twin is known for its smooth power delivery, fuel efficiency, and reliability.
  • Kawasaki ER-6 twin: The Kawasaki ER-6 twin is known for its torquey engine, comfortable riding position, and value for money.
  • KTM 690 single: The KTM 690 single is known for its powerful engine, lightweight chassis, and agile handling.
  • Royal Enfield 650 twin: The Royal Enfield 650 twin is known for its classic styling, smooth power delivery, and affordable price.
  • Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5: The Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5 is known for its high power output, smooth power delivery, and excellent handling.
  • Triumph 675 triple: The Triumph 675 triple is known for its smooth power delivery, torquey engine, and agile handling.
  • Yamaha R1: The Yamaha R1 is known for its high power output, excellent handling, and advanced electronics.
I'm...well...so glad to learn that...I guess...:)
:)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

No judgement, just want to work on engines.... that are smaller than car and truck engines. All I can say is like cars, it comes down to what is the most dependable.... and you forgot 2 stroke engines, Harley V-Twin, Triumph 2 cyl, single cylinders, and a whole bunch more, in your list. I tend to be a fan of thumpers, not sure why, just like the single cylinders.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Honk if you loved this post.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

66044cce-d4d8-4572-97a2-4fe9de090c67_text.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
When does hunting season start?

The bears here are a protected species* so they cannot be hunted, i doubt they have the same protection in the US

* So are wolves.
Sometimes, some places, and it depends on who is in office and when. There are some federal laws, some state laws, and as such like many things here it's a headache and not necessarily easy to give a clear or direct answer.