• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
well, I am pretty sure some of you, not all, would be rather annoying computer users for starters

Perhaps you could be the receptionist, so that everyone would see your cheerful, smiling face each morning when they come in. If they get nasty, you can have them for lunch.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sounds fun. :D

Interesting enough that I couldn't share most of the 'good antics' in the coworker hijinks thread.

It was one group home in a set of ten... It got a reputation for retaining very strange workers.
I had another strange boss.

Part of my job interview was having breakfast with him and the team. Sure, why not, I thought. When I got there he and his partner talked about wanting to have a baby using a lesbian host mother. I had not known he was gay. My reaction was to ask him who would be the sperm donor and asking what the legal implications of this would be. Needless to say my "matter of fact" reaction of curiosity got me the job. He left IT to become an SF cop because the stress of being a cop was less overall than the day-to-day stress of being an IT manager.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
@JustGeorge , I'm decompressing after too much eating. Did you get through Thanksgiving without any new scars?
The day was uneventful until evening, when he decided he was going to buy his uncle's junk van and wouldn't take no for an answer. That fit lasted about 2 hours, and continues to occasionally distress.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
The day was uneventful until evening, when he decided he was going to buy his uncle's junk van and wouldn't take no for an answer. That fit lasted about 2 hours, and continues to occasionally distress.
We had two bouts of disagreements. I wasn't included....I participate by getting indigestion..

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
People I know that have their own businesses work much much harder and longer than those who work for others.
Id rather have that than someone telling me when to do things like showing up and taking breaks. Id rather have that and my independence and sing out very loud "it aint easy livin' free" as Highway to Hell plays (a habit I picked up awhile ago from independent contracting and other paying activities that aren't work). And to be free of all the corporate crap that only serves to remind the smart humans we'd be just fine without the executive wankers who don't work the job but want to make decisions and policies for those who do.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Perhaps you could be the receptionist, so that everyone would see your cheerful, smiling face each morning when they come in. If they get nasty, you can have them for lunch.
I ain't no receptionist...I'm the IT support bear

images

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

1700939663709.png

In 2020, a swarm of tumbleweeds took over a stretch of Washington state highway that piled up to 30 feet high in some places. Cars and trucks were trapped for hours. Authorities dubbed it Tumblegeddon.

A couple of years later, about 100 homes in Victorville, California, were seemingly swallowed up by thousands of prickly tumbleweeds that were strewn about by 50 mph winds.

"It looked like a war of tumbleweeds, like we were being invaded," Victorville resident Bryan Bagwell, 42, told NPR at the time.

In a similar incident in 2014, a tumbleweed explosion knocked down fences, blocked highways and trapped people inside their homes in Colorado.

Experts say there is more tumbleweed tumult in our futures. A 2019 study from the University of California, Riverside, found that a new species of gigantic tumbleweeds — Salsola ryanii — that can grow up to 6 feet tall, grows more vigorously than others. They also say it's likely to expand its territory as a result of climate change.

Those tumblin' tumbleweeds could spell the end of civilization.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

400661673_10161665159210774_4500238746732990566_n.jpg

“The consequences of Google translate,” warned Coleman So, while Dai Ching joked: “Must be a hot dog?”

The image was also shared on Reddit, with one user picking up on the fact it was specificially “imported” dog food: “Apparently, economy class passengers only get domestic dog food,” they joked.

It’s not clear what dish the translated menu on board the China Eastern flight is referring to. The Independent has contacted the operator for clarification.

And in a nightmare in-flight meal scenario, a business class passenger on a flight to Japan in February who ordered a vegan breakfast was bemused when they were presented with a single banana and a pair of chopsticks.

I don't know what it is about airlines and food service. Airplane food was never really that good (even when it was still complimentary), so I don't even know why they even bother.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
???
  • I donned the nun's habit for real and founded the Sisters Of The Valley. 'MY BIGAMIST HUSBAND STOLE ALL MY MONEY -. SO I BECAME A NUN AND STARTED A CANNABIS EMPIRE!' When mother-of-three Christine Meeusen, 59, discovered her husband's betrayal, she donned a habit and created a buzzing business